Origin client showing wrong update size; restarts download every time I exit

by Semyonovich87

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin client showing wrong update size; restarts download every time I exit

★★ Novice

Hello,

I'm trying to download the latest Battlefield V update (the Pacific). Instead of showing the approx. 17 GB the update is supposed to be (on PC), the client indicates I need to download 43 GB. Moreover, every time I quit Origin and open it again, the client wants to restart this 43 GB download again. I have a very slow connection so leaving my computer on for the entirety of the download is not an option. Thirdly, I am constantly getting stuck in the 'resuming download' loop, and in order to solve it I have to mess around with the game folder name to make the client find and verify it - which starts the download all over again. 

So I am completely confused about what the problem is. The client was updated just a few days ago so it should in theory be the latest version. I'm reluctant to reinstall the client because it's installed on the same drive as my games, and I therefore risk deleting them along with it. (On average it takes me three days to download a big game like BF).

Any help or advice would be very much appreciated; I just want to play Battlefield V.

Message 1 of 5 (619 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin client showing wrong update size; restarts download every time I exit

★★ Novice

Hello, the solution fixed my game. Thank you!

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (500 Views)

All Replies

Re: Origin client showing wrong update size; restarts download every time I exit

Community Manager

Hey @Semyonovich87 let's try repairing your game to see if that helps,  you can repair the game by opening your My Game Library and right-clicking on your game tile. From here select repair and let Origin look for any issues with your download.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 5 (559 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Semyonovich87 are you still having an issue or did repairing fix it for you?

Dakro

Darko.png
Message 3 of 5 (516 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello, the solution fixed my game. Thank you!

Message 4 of 5 (501 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue but while installing the game (not update).
System got shutdown in between download and is now restarting the download from beginning.

I have the files which have been downloaded till now, Is there any way to resume download progress?
On right click, I don't get the repair option since the game is not installed yet. I tried the locate game option, but origin crashes whenever I go to game library after that.

Message 5 of 5 (453 Views)