Re: Origin client not loading - stuck at grey loading screen with no text/icons

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

★★ Novice

Hello I'm also having this problem. I tried restarting my computer multiple times, ive tried reparing the game, ive tried unistalling origin and reinstalling it, and finally i tried what you said above. Nothing has worked for me. I open up the sims and it shows me the menu, but when I click play or new game or go to my previous games the whole screen turns white. I tried to wait and see if it was loading but after 15 minutes of white screen and sims music I gave up. Is there anything else I could do to fix this????????? Thank you Standard smile

Message 1 of 4 (236 Views)

@LucyPark7730  Are you having this issue with Origin, Sims 4, or both?  What operating system does your computer run?

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (224 Views)

★★ Novice

My Origin is working totally fine. After trying some other methods the only thing that is broken is my CAS. Every time I go to make a new save, edit a family, or anything related to CAS the music continues to play but my screen stays on the loading screen or turns white. I've tried waiting but after 15 minutes I gave up and restarted. I run on Windows (I have every update) and I have no issues in any other game. I disabled script mods (advice from a friend) and nothing has changed. I think I might uninstall all of my CC to see if that fixes the issue. Any other advice?

Message 3 of 4 (197 Views)

@LucyPark7730  Since your issue is only with Sims 4, I've split your posts and moved them to the Sims 4 PC tech section.

I'd start by moving your entire Mods folder to the desktop as a test; delete localthumbcache.package as well.  If CAS works now, you can use the 50/50 method to sort through your mods and cc.

https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content#The_50.25_Method

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (186 Views)