Re: Origin client keeps crashing! Help!

by EA_Kent

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin client keeps crashing! Help!

★★★ Newbie

Hello.

I had to format my computer and made a backup of my game folder on D:\Games\Origin and after installing Origin client again, i went ahead and used the option to "locate the game" but now my client keeps crashing and wont let me do anything! Why is this happening? Any solution? As soon as it starts it crashes! Keeps trying to locate the games files . What am i supposed to do? Erase everything and start all over again? No option to locate game files?

Message 1 of 4 (551 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Community Manager

Hi @QueirozSP

When you have the chance can you try clearing out your Origin cache to see if that helps at all? If there's a problem with the client's cached data that might fix the issue. 

You can find more information on how to clear the cache over at the EA Help website. Let me know if that helps with the crashing once you've been able to give it a shot. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (529 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Community Manager

Hi @QueirozSP

When you have the chance can you try clearing out your Origin cache to see if that helps at all? If there's a problem with the client's cached data that might fix the issue. 

You can find more information on how to clear the cache over at the EA Help website. Let me know if that helps with the crashing once you've been able to give it a shot. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 4 (530 Views)

★★ Novice

i got battlefield V for some reason it won`t start bin on the phone with tech. support for 2 hour`s nothing worked called nvidia because it was i had direct 12 but need 11 so they helped me reload it and still the game don`t work every game i have over 50 games work but not that one so im not going to refomat my computer for one game i just wish they would fix there bull * game why would all my game`s work but that one now i just want my money back but no way is that happening so i say fix the dam game.

Message 3 of 4 (507 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @scoobydoo570

What other sort of troubleshooting steps did you already try? There are some suggestions we can run through, but I just want to make sure we aren't repeating any steps unnecessarily. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 4 (476 Views)