Re: Origin client getting worse with each patch

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Origin client getting worse with each patch

★★★ Guide

In 2017 I reported a problem with the client and that it just minimizes when I start a game. Origin also reappears after I close a game even when I specifically disable that "feature" in the settings. Today I discovered that in the "my home" page it doesnt display the recent games, it instead added a button to download a sims 4 demo... while I already own the full game. And I cant remove that button or start the game from there!

And when visiting the store half the items are not in english as specified in the settings. Why? Because the client has an option to set to a specific language but then sets the language according to the region Im in.

Im at a loss of words for this amount of incompetence.

Message 1 of 3 (389 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

You are able to set your own store region and language @Zasz_Zerg. If you are seeing a language other than your own then it means that you selected it. 

The best thing to do is ensure that your Origin is set to the correct location and language.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 3 (382 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

The store IS set to the proper region and language. Not to forget that the client (NOT THE WEBSITE) doesnt have an option to set the region, only the language. You should ask instead of patronizing people. Actually, you shouldnt need to ask. I wrote it right next to the problem and no word on the other issues... No suprise. And then you accepted your own patronizing response as "accepted solution". Im beyond words for this crap.

The same problem exists for the browser version of origin. After deleting cookies and logging out the page asks which region and language should be used. I select my european region and english as language, I dont log in and it works. As soon as I log in, if it would let me log in today which the error suggests it wont, it reverts back to the wrong language.

Message 3 of 3 (274 Views)