Origin client does this neat download thing...

by ATF_CatButt

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Origin client does this neat download thing...

★★★ Apprentice

So you know that annoying error that you get when downloading something and it finishes after throttling itself into oblivion and then just sits there? I like that error too, it's only been around forever, so fun. 

Message 1 of 4 (519 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin client does this neat download thing...

★★★ Apprentice
I stopped having this issue after I installed the beta build of Origin.

To set your Origin client to download and use beta versions go to 'Origin' in the top left of the client, then scroll down to 'Participate in Origin client betas' and switch that to on. Restart Origin and it will update, you know you're on a beta build if you see 'Beta' in the top right hand corner of the Origin client. Hope this helps others...

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (388 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Can you stop the download and then right click on the game tile and select repair. 

This should sort the issue for you @ATF_CatButt.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 4 (504 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
I have done that, restarted the origin client by exiting the system tray app and killing it in task manager services, I have even rebooted and it still does this. Typically after the reboot, if I give it another 10 or so minutes, it will finally say it's complete in all sections.

It's not writing to a bad or slow drive, it's a Samsung 750 EVO, so it's not the hottest thing on the market but it was in its box unused till about 3 months ago. I was afraid it was dying or something so I tested it and it was fine. I have things from Steam on the same drive and it runs great downloading and what not. I also have issues with bandwidth throttling itself horribly, I have 1Gb symetrical internet and it will go strong at about 700Mbps and then throttle down to like 2Mbps. Again thinking it was the drive I got the same result on other drives (different games, so not just BF5), and then tried downloading from steam and it was steady at about 700 to 800Mbps. I disabled windows firewall, and my AV, made sure it had everything it needed port wise in my router and it was not being blocked. It's weird, like it's having issues applying things, but if it was write permissions to the drive it wouldn't be able to install at all. If you, anyone really, has dealt with this before and knows what it is that would be great. If it helps my auto-update doesn't work either. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled origin, and now I'm trying the beta build to see what it does... Open to ideas and suggestions... Thanks for the reply!
Message 3 of 4 (494 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
I stopped having this issue after I installed the beta build of Origin.

To set your Origin client to download and use beta versions go to 'Origin' in the top left of the client, then scroll down to 'Participate in Origin client betas' and switch that to on. Restart Origin and it will update, you know you're on a beta build if you see 'Beta' in the top right hand corner of the Origin client. Hope this helps others...
Message 4 of 4 (389 Views)