Origin client (April 2019) . Text is blurry on a 4k Display.

by Apollo_u2

Original Post

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

Have logged a error report :  ref:  0faa3adf70011a9e

Please advise. 

Thanks 

Message 1 of 15 (3,156 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin client (April 2019) . Text is blurry on a 4k Display.

Community Manager

Glad to hear that it looks better for you @Apollo_u2.

I will pass your feedback on to the team in relation to Origin on 4K screens.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 15 (3,119 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Can you try the following @Apollo_u2 :

Close Origin fully.

Go to the Origin install folder and right click origin.exe. Click property > compatibility > check "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" and set on the dropdown menu below "System"

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 15 (3,134 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi, 

There is no option for that, but there is one called  Change  high DPI settings. 

In there , I enabled Override high DPI scaling behaviour, Scaled performed by application.

When relaunching the origin client, it  alerts to say that i am running in win compatibility mode and disable if I have any issues 

Once the client loaded loaded the DPI on the text menus is very small but looks correct for a 4K native display.

I changed the Zoom level from within the client to make the game details text  bigger that helps though the menu is still very small 

Will test with BFV later and see if there are any issues with this. 

The client really needs an overhaul ! 

Thanks,

Jeremy 

Message 3 of 15 (3,122 Views)

Community Manager

Glad to hear that it looks better for you @Apollo_u2.

I will pass your feedback on to the team in relation to Origin on 4K screens.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 15 (3,120 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Same issue. Have been able to fix it with compatibility settings, but then every time I open Origin I get a popup about running in compatibility mode.
Message 5 of 15 (3,043 Views)

★★★ Novice
Thanks, I've just done the same using override option, it no longer looks a washed out.
would prefer EA to sort this out for 4K
Message 6 of 15 (3,014 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Buzzingfast
just had update 28/06/19 settings reset and issue still present with update,
back to Override DPI with Compatibility warnings to resolve visuals.
4K Origin should look superb, what's going on?
Message 7 of 15 (2,956 Views)

★★★ Novice

We are in December 2019.  I paid for Origin Premier,  I'm delighted with the titles and the content and I think it's a superb subscription service but the presentation looks ABSOLUTELY AWFUL.  Why can't you guys do like Steam does?.

You have 2 options for high DPI clients like 4K monitores. 

1- You either allow us to force DPI scaling per application by DISABLING that annoying warning about using compatibilty settings, which actually fixes the issue but forces us to see that warning each time.

2- You develop the client to be DPI aware and adjust it accordingly or by allow us to select a DPI scale.

As it is now it's absolutely messy and horrible.

I am seeing what appears to be a blurred disaster of a client with game images scaled up and looking awful and blurred fonts.  I've tried everything, Windows 10 does not let the user force a per-application DPI and I can't use 100% on a 4K display or I'll go blind,  for my setup 125% looks absolutely perfect.   

Steam did it, they have a pixel perfect presentation on 125, 150 or whatever DPI setting you have on windows,  why can't you do the same?.   Provide us with an easy fix in the meantime, that is more acceptable than having to see this horrible blurred mess.     Allow us to disable the "compatibility  warning"  message,  maybe with a command line or something.

Message 8 of 15 (2,758 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Darko Please do something about this. It is December now, we are still having to endure the "compatibilty warning" on a 4K display, this is unacceptable.
Message 9 of 15 (2,756 Views)

★★ Novice

Pretty annoying this is still an issue and the best work around we have causes a pop every time the client launches.

It is now 2020 and software compatibility with 4K monitors should not be a problem, Steam and GOG are just fine. Pick up your game EA!

Message 10 of 15 (2,668 Views)