Re: Origin chat offline

by EA_Atic

Original Post

Origin chat offline

★★★ Novice

can anyone tell me how to fix " Status OFFLINE CHAT FIRENDS ?"  need fast answerr.

Message 1 of 44 (29,977 Views)

Community Manager

Hi, @TS-Chumps!

Have you tried clearing the cache or reinstalled Origin with the latest version via our site? In the top left corner of your Origin client you can set it in Online and Offline mode too, perhaps that's why your friends are showing up as offline.

Clearing Cache

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

Download Origin

https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/download

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 44 (29,881 Views)

★★★ Novice
i had done do clearing cache and re download origin but have a same problem , any option for me ? this already 3 days Frown i cant play apex with my friend .. help me to fix it
Message 3 of 44 (29,848 Views)

EA DICE Team
Have you tried turning off any anti-virus and fires wall and see if that helps. @TS-Chumps  

Worth to open the Ports for Origin in your router if haven't already

/Atic 
Message 4 of 44 (29,830 Views)

Friends List Offline

★★★ Novice

So I took a 2 week break from origin, and when I finally played again on Friday with my friend, the list was working fine. Next day? It stopped working completely. Always tells me its offline, doesn't work. Tried everything on the forum, tried different internet connections, it's still offline. Uninstalled and reinstalled, deleted the cache, all of it. It takes half an hour for it to finally go online on my hotspot, and it can even go offline all of the sudden then. But I can't play on my hotspot so its technically useless. I've seen people saying they've had this problem for over months, I really hope this is an origin server related thing?? I can't play games without my friends, please help me.

Message 5 of 44 (30,105 Views)

Re: Friends List Offline

Community Manager

Hey @TrisaUwU the fact that it works when connected to a hotspot and not when connected to your network would point to an issue with your router or ISP. 

The best thing to do is ensure that your firewall and anti-virus are not blocking Origin and that you also have the ports for Origin open.

The ports to open are:

• TCP: 80; 443; 9960-9969; 1024-1124; 3216; 18000; 18120; 18060; 27900; 28910; 29900
  • UDP: 1024-1124; 18000; 29900

You can also try turning off the router's firewall to see if it helps. If the issue remains then it's worth speaking with your ISP to see what they can advise. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 44 (30,088 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey @EA_Darko 

None of that worked, and I highly doubt it's an internet problem. I can guarantee you it's a client problem as I tried the following:

Going on another internet connection, different wifi. So it's not the internet if it doesn't work with any kind of open wifi connection despite it being different.

Downloading Origin on a different laptop, completely brand new, never had origin on it before. Same problem. So it's not the laptop.

I have two separate laptops I tried it on and I faced the same problem over and over. 

Keep in mind that it only connects to my mobile hotspot after I continuously go offline and online through thirty minutes until it just decides to finally work. 

Please help me get a fix!

Message 7 of 44 (30,071 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @TrisaUwU that it works on the hot spot would point to the issue being with the connection you are using. In the past, we have seen this issue pop up as a result of an ISP or router issue. I tested my friends list just now on three different systems and am not seeing an issue of any kind, I also tried a number of secondary accounts and all is good. As such, it's worth speaking with your ISP to see if there is anything they can recommend or anything that they can see that may be causing the issue. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 8 of 44 (30,052 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey @EA_Darko 

The thing is, my connection is public. The best I can do is ask, but that's all. They said they couldn't help me. I went to a few different public places but the problem still continues with every single one of them. Is it still the ISP if every place I go to doesn't activate the chat? Because at this rate I don't think i'll be able to play with friends anymore :<

Message 9 of 44 (30,021 Views)

Community Manager

When you say the connection is public, do you mean that you are playing on free wi-fi in various locations or have I totally picked you up wrong?

If it is a public wi-fi then there are generally a number of restrictions placed on accessing it and it could result in you being unable to access your friend's list.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 10 of 44 (30,007 Views)