Origin chat is offline...

by Stonefather

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin chat is offline...

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I have tried every single fix known to EA and their support that includes but not necessarily only Port Forwarding Clean Boot Resetting Host Files Resetting Internet Options Flushing DNS Clearing Origin Cache.

I can not play games with friends unless I use VPN which allows my Origin chat to go online but I do not feel like paying money for a VPN just so I can play games on Origin.

I've grown tired of chat support because every time I tell them I've done everything they go ahead and give me the same exact options that don't work because it's the only options they have. So I've come to the forums on the very slight off chance someone else has a working fix. The issue seems to be somewhere after it leaves my router since a VPN works, probably a routing issue or something. I'm not a network expert but if a VPN works I can't imagine it's directly on my computer at the very least.

I also noticed the website doesn't work either for friends section unless I have a VPN which I assume would imply it's not port forwarding.

I don't have this issue on any other game distributor either.  

Message 1 of 10 (16,330 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin chat is offline...

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @Stonefather.

If it works when you use a VPN but otherwise does not then this would point to an issue with your ISP and not Origin.

Have you checked your router to ensure that it is not blocking anything or spoken to your ISP in regards to the issue?

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (16,270 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @Stonefather.

If it works when you use a VPN but otherwise does not then this would point to an issue with your ISP and not Origin.

Have you checked your router to ensure that it is not blocking anything or spoken to your ISP in regards to the issue?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 10 (16,271 Views)

★★★ Newbie

before it ok after disconnect i can't play with my friend.. exactly i play at cybercafe and my friend only beside me

Message 3 of 10 (16,227 Views)

★★★ Novice
Message 4 of 10 (16,172 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Darko it's not working
Message 5 of 10 (16,011 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Stonefather this is really annoying, the support is really bad, and no one is giving a clear solution
Message 6 of 10 (15,891 Views)

★★★ Novice

what do you mean blocking something!! what is the settings Origin needs from he ISP so it can work fine!! don't just say blocking something, cuz the ISP can be really DUME, almost all support for big companies are!! so we have to do it ourselves 

Message 7 of 10 (15,881 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Stonefather I just had this issue, put your origin account offline then back online. My friends list came back afterwards immediately.
Message 8 of 10 (13,245 Views)

★★★ Newbie

thank you  , this solved me 

Message 9 of 10 (4,965 Views)

Community Manager

Great to hear that you got it sorted @-_-egurlz-_-uwu.

I will lock this thread now as it is quite old. .

If you ever have any other issues then let us know and we will do what we can to assist.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 10 of 10 (4,907 Views)