Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Origin chat is offline for me still.

by EA_Tom

Original Post

Origin chat is offline for me still.

★★★★ Novice

I'v opened all the required ports, set my firewall to ignore it. What else can i do? I heard it was a bug at first but why is it still not working for me. Makes it so that i can't add friends to play.

Message 1 of 14 (18,598 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

@jermbugs925

Can you try running your system in a clean boot?

I would also recommend to check your system for any other conflicting programs that you might have such anti-malware or anti-virus programs.

--Tom

Message 2 of 14 (18,558 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I tried a clean boot and still got nothing. Still saying it's offline. There shouldn't be anything running that would interfere with it.  Any other ideas?

Message 3 of 14 (18,533 Views)

Community Manager

@jermbugs925

We've got some further options available in the below thread, such as resetting your host files:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/How-to-Online-login-is-currently-unavailable/td-p/5019298

Go through those options and chat should become available again.

--Tom

Message 4 of 14 (18,519 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Welp. I tried all of that yet still no chat. Makes it so I can't add friends or play with them.  This is a really annoying problem Frown

Message 5 of 14 (18,505 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I agree, I am not buying another EA game until this gets resolved. I've been having the same problem for roughly 6 months.

Message 6 of 14 (18,421 Views)

Community Manager

@TheCasualArrow

The Friends section of Origin is running as its own section, which can be blocked by programs on your system. Please review your system once more for any security software that could be blocking this function.

Some of the things that can get between Origin and the Internet can be:

• Firewalls and Internet Security Software: Make sure that you’ve added the Origin client as an exception to any Firewalls or other Internet Security Software, like Ad-Block, you may have running so that your connection to our servers isn’t blocked.

• Your software may even have some Internet ports blocked. If so, the following are used by the Origin client and must be open for a smooth connection:
    • TCP: 80; 443; 9960-9969; 1024-1124; 3216; 18000; 18120; 18060; 27900; 28910; 29900
    • UDP: 1024-1124; 18000; 29900

--Tom

Message 7 of 14 (18,389 Views)

★★ Novice

Tom replies with the same message for ALL chat and friend issues and they never work but all are marked as solved.

EA_Tom = worst tech support ever

Message 8 of 14 (15,589 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Tom, Your so called "Complete support" for connection problems doesn't really help that much At all. For example is there No explaination for when the Chat goes Offline just like That. While Playing an online game.

I've had way more issues with Origin and EA games than on Steam for example and it's seriously annoying -_-
for example you're playing Dead Space 3 with your friend the whole day and then, all of the sudden, "Chat offline". And everything else still works, like ingame browser or playing online in Battlefield 4.
It's Just The Chat that is offline and with it, you can't invite your friends anymore. Till it works again that is...

Message 9 of 14 (14,516 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@ZackZeed

It seems like the chat had some server issues a few hours ago, but it should be online again. Does it still not work for you?

Message 10 of 14 (14,383 Views)