Origin charged me 3 times ($3 in total) when I tried to purchase fifa20

by royalpaow

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin charged me 3 times ($3 in total) when I tried to purchase fifa20

★★★ Newbie

how could I get it back and how long will it take?

as the topic above, and I didn't get the game due to payment failure that I guess because my card didn't have enough money.

So as a client, I would like to know how would I get it back and how fast would it be.

I searched the internet and found that this problem occurred to many people who tried to buy game from Origin since 2013 (as far as I found) and It took longer to refund or someone, as they said, didn't get it back at all.

So EA staff, please clarify this situation as soon as possible so I can make a purchase, to be honest, so I can get my money back.

Message 1 of 4 (772 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin charged me 3 times ($3 in total) when I tried to purchase fifa20

Community Manager

Hey @royalpaow the initial charge was most likely a pre-authorisation. A pre-authorisation is a temporary hold on money in your account which is generally the balance of an item or service you have ordered. This is not a charge and the money does not leave your account, it is just the bank and service provider ensuring that the money is there to cover the order. If you look back over your invoices from your credit card company you will no doubt see that while a certain amount of money was earmarked it was never actually taken from the account. 

The best thing to do is to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat or request a call back.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (715 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

Hi @royalpaow

You should be entitled to all that money back even if it is a small amount.

To get it back you would have to contact an EA adviser and go through he refund process.

You can contact an EA adviser here: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ and find all info on refunds here: Refunds 

Hope that helps.

Message 2 of 4 (763 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@royalpaow What you are describing sound like pre-authorization charges.

https://help.ea.com/help/account/ordering-payment-information/:

These are temporary transactions we use to verify the payment information called pre-authorization charges. They’ll automatically refund within seven business days.

Message 3 of 4 (737 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @royalpaow the initial charge was most likely a pre-authorisation. A pre-authorisation is a temporary hold on money in your account which is generally the balance of an item or service you have ordered. This is not a charge and the money does not leave your account, it is just the bank and service provider ensuring that the money is there to cover the order. If you look back over your invoices from your credit card company you will no doubt see that while a certain amount of money was earmarked it was never actually taken from the account. 

The best thing to do is to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat or request a call back.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 4 (716 Views)