Origin automatic updates never work

by OzzyCar

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin automatic updates never work

★★ Novice

I was under the impression, the game will automatically update itself with the new patches, instead of me waiting hours to download when I'm visiting the game to play. Ahh I know now, it just sounds good in the brochure thing, as Origin is unable to program server bandwidth to release patches for a 1000 or two computer at a time...

Message 1 of 19 (5,008 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin automatic updates never work

★★ Novice

Hi there!

Yes, my problem is, Origin starts to update the game when I click on play.

I do only play BF1 at the moment, but I had the same issue with BF4.

All setting are on, except the participation in Origin beta.

Regards: Stephen

View in thread

Message 3 of 19 (5,059 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

@OzzyCar

Hi there,

Which game are you referring to? And to clarify, you are not receiving automatic game updates? Can you double-check if this setting is turned on in Origin:

AutomaticGameUpdates.JPG

With more info I can take a look for you Standard smile

Message 2 of 19 (4,924 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi there!

Yes, my problem is, Origin starts to update the game when I click on play.

I do only play BF1 at the moment, but I had the same issue with BF4.

All setting are on, except the participation in Origin beta.

Regards: Stephen

Message 3 of 19 (5,060 Views)

★★ Novice

Ahh ok. My computer gets rarely a restart, just putting it into sleep.

That might be the culprit in this case.

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards: Stephen

Message 4 of 19 (4,904 Views)

★★ Novice

I second this. It is the origin client updates that are the problem.  Twice the client has been corrupted and once it seems to have been deleted.  I am installing it again now. This is the last time. If it happens again, I will punt on EA games

Message 5 of 19 (4,880 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I am having this same problem with Anthem.

Thursday Feb21 I couldn't play because the automatic update (lol) didn't begin until I went to play the game at 9:00am EST, despite that update being released sometime late Wednesday night Feb20. This morning Feb23 another 4gig update didn't initialize until I clicked [Play] at 10:30am EST; devs posted that this morning's update was pushed out around 7 AM CT.

I'm on ADSL. If Origin can't perform the automatic function. I'm going to have no choice but obtain a refund and refuse all Origin games. Downloads while I'm asleep or at work is an absolute must function for me and every other service has no problems with this.

Before anyone asks, Automatic Game Updates and Automatically Update Origin are both enabled ... those green On icons are mocking me.

Message 6 of 19 (4,635 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same thing, Origin has never automatically updated games, even with the options turned on. I want to play Anthem right now and I have to sit for a 8GB update and their servers are so slow its going to take a full hour. Its really sad, I'm paying for Origin Premier and they can't even make automatic updates work? 

Message 7 of 19 (4,624 Views)

★★★ Novice

wish you would help the people with real problems and not the ones that can just google a fix. did this fella even try googling it? he probably find the answer in minutes. help the people who are asking the good questions like why anthem wont run or update or why it is bricking ps4.  i notice a trend here on EA the hard questions are answered and fixes found by people not working for EA unless it something simple like this.

Message 8 of 19 (4,602 Views)

★★★ Newbie

bro the question isn't answered anywhere on google and all the results bring you to forums like this one where the problem never gets solved, it gets marked as solved, and then no one ever responds again. There is no fix to the origin auto update not working. It seems to just happen to some people and no fix ever offered. My computer doesn't go to sleep, it stays running for months at a time and there has never been a single time that my origin auto update works.

Message 9 of 19 (3,998 Views)

★★★ Novice

As if your response was any more helpful. How do you think people found this thread? Googling the problem. The thread exists because most likely nothing came up when the original poster Googled it, and this is now the only EA forum post that comes up when Googling the issue. EA and Origin is just trash, not much more to it. Auto updates never work for me either, not for games nor for the client itself, and my download speed is abysmal even though I have gigabit speed internet and even some R&D build enabled in Origin that was supposed to uncap download speeds. Didn’t do jack. 

Message 10 of 19 (3,868 Views)