Re: Origin automatic updates never work

by jmoors1992

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice

EA_Tom,

This affects any game. We all have our Origin clients set to update automatically, but it never actually does it. Any time there's an update for a game, whether it's BF1, Anthem, Apex Legends, etc. it only tells me there's an update when I go to try and play the game. So, then I have to wait for however long to download an update even though it might have been released days ago. Auto Update in the Origin client is BROKEN.

Message 11 of 19 (1,173 Views)

★★ Novice

I confirm, i still have exactly this problem since more than one year !

All options are checked for auto-update but auto update never happen !

Today i just tried to play Apex Legend when i have my work break at lunch and i can't because they never solved this problem and i get 1h download for this update...

It was my last chance to get my 100th win (actually 99) on season 5 before it finish....

That one of main raison make me saying origin is trash...

I hate every time this frustrating exprience !

Message 12 of 19 (1,086 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Same problem here. Despite having "Atomatic Game Updates" toggled on and checking the "keep my games up to date" checkbox every time, Origin still never downloads updates automatically. It always start the update when I want to play the game, never on its own.

Always been like this for Apex Legends.

Message 13 of 19 (1,045 Views)

★★ Novice

Again today, this is really frustrating ! 

WHAT ARE YOU * DOING?????!!!!!

Message 14 of 19 (1,006 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@Straatford87 It's been 3 years and we're all still waiting on an answer. Yes, we have "Auto updates enabled" and STILL not auto updating until we try to play

Message 15 of 19 (907 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@jmoors1992 Bump Dec 2021
Message 16 of 19 (678 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The 'automatic updates' option still does not work.

I play Apex Legends, and the update doesn't download until I press play.

Message 17 of 19 (448 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Yupp, I've been using Origin for years. To this day the games never auto update. Just now, I was to play a battlefield game. Nope, had to update....despite I always leave my PC on.

Message 18 of 19 (352 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey there,

If you're running into trouble with Origin not performing as it should, please try these steps to clear the cache files.

If you've already tried reinstalling as well, it may be necessary to uninstall the hard way after clearing the cache to fully remove any lingering files before attempting to reinstall.

This thread is quite old and is being locked here to avoid additional necroposting, but feel free to create a new thread if you continue running into trouble after going through our troubleshooting steps above, thanks.

Mako.png
Message 19 of 19 (343 Views)