Re: Origin app not loading all the time and messing with my PC

by FilthyG0bliin

Original Post

Origin app not loading all the time and messing with my PC

★★ Novice

Hi guys, 

Hope anyone can help me cos im losing my mind over this.

Origin used to work fine for years, even when I fully upgraded my pc end of last year it would work fir months then out if the blue its just stopped fully working.

When I run the app it will come up with the connecting window which disappears and then nothing. The ucon is in the system tray but double clicking does nothing and right clicking does nothing. Task manager anf force shut and the reload does same thing.

Here is where its get weird. If I then try and restart or shutdown pc in Windows, it will shut down my monitor, mouse, KB etc as it would but the PC stays on and never powers down?? I have to keep the power button down to force it? 

Now the origin app does sometimes work, mostly after a fresh boot into windows.. But not all the time, i mostly notice more if I haf the PC on for a bit first then try and run.

Ive updated all my drives, video, motherboard, windows etc. And ive even replaced my main C drive and reinstalled windows bout 2 weeks ago and its starting to gave that issue again.

Im a full premier user with loads of bought games too so any help would be great.

PC specs:

i9 9900K 

16Gb ram

2080ti

Oh, also tried both beta and non beta of origin and both does the same.

Sorry for the text but just wanted to make sure I supply all the info needed Standard smile

Cheers

Matt

Message 1 of 10 (564 Views)

★★ Novice
Soooo can anyone help me with this? At the moment I have it running when Windows starts which seems to be working for now but not sure how long that will last. Last time before the windows re-install it lasted a few weeks before Origin completed refused to load.

Cheers,
Message 2 of 10 (539 Views)

Community Manager

It would appear from your post @FilthyG0bliin that the issue you are seeing is system based rather than related to Origin.

Would you mind grabbing a DxDiag so that I can take a look at your system: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Can I ask you to check if Origin is running in the background and if so would you mind taking a couple of minutes to go through the following steps:

• In task manager end "Origin", "OriginWebHelperservice" and "OriginThinSetupInternal"
  • Open you Origin install folder
  • Delete the file "OriginThinSetupInternal'
  • Right click on Origin and then select "Troubleshoot compatibility"
  • Click "Try recommended settings" and then"Test the program"
  • Save the settings in the compatibility troubleshooter.
  • Origin will prompt you that you are using a compatibility setting. Click continue.
  • Once done launch Origin

Let me know how you get on

Darko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 10 (521 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

Hi Mate,

Thank you for your reply,

Ok I've run the troubleshooting and set it up through that and ill see if the issues continues. its intermittent so its running okay now on a fresh startup but ill try running it later and see what happens and let you know.

In the meantime I have done the DxDiag which is attached.

Thank you for your help in trying to resolve this, I have a decent amount of bought games on there I've collected over the years and along with my premier membership it would be shame to not be able to use it anymore.

Cheers again,

Matt

Message 4 of 10 (508 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @FilthyG0bliin let me know how you get on with it. If the issue continues then give me a shout and I'll take a more thorough look at  your DxDiag and see what we can do.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 10 (485 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi mate,

Thank you for your reply,

well unfortunately it didn't resolve the issue. I came home form work, booted up my PC, the only thing I did then was plug in my VR headset and then run Origin to see if it would load and boom, issue was there. I thought it might of been the Valve Index so I unplugged it, rebooted (forced power down due to the Origin issue), booted back up not plugging the VR in and run origin and it worked.

Ok so I reproduced the first action. Powered down the PC with the VR headset unplugged, powered back on, then plugged in VR headset, run origin.. and it still worked fine? Tried this 3 times and each time now working?? its literally totally intermittent, only doing it when it feels like it and ill doing my head in Confused i did exactly everything the same as the first boot and getting 2 different results?

So yea, if you can see anything that can help me Id appreciate it Standard smile

Cheers,

Matt

Message 6 of 10 (476 Views)

★★ Novice

i mate,

Just a quick update,

origin been working okay for the past couple of days,played a couple of things without issue then this morning (Sunday) was just downloading some games after being opened for about an hour - hour 'n' half and it just crashed out completely without warning or error message.

Went to load back up and now same issue of not loading, icon just sitting in task bar doing nothing and forcing me again to power down PC just to restart it?

Also as a side note, I'm also getting an issue where if I scroll through the store or the vault the game icons keep flicking and stutters likes it unstable.. its been doing this over a year on multiple PCs ive owned so never thought much of it but its annoying and maybe something to do with the issue so i mention it. happy to video that if you want to see it.

Anyway, im getting little bored of all this now so if you can help me then great but if not then ill just cancel my sub and uninstall as every other game store i use (steam, GOG galaxy, Uplay, Xbox gamepass for PC app, Oculus store and Viveport store) all work and with Uplay+ coming up ill just sign up to them instead,

Hope you can help,

Cheers mate,

Message 7 of 10 (445 Views)

Community Manager

If it was an issue with Origin @FilthyG0bliin then we would be seeing more reports of this and with that in mind, it's almost certainly a system issue. 

Can you try clean booting your system to see if the issues reamain: http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

You DxDiag is showing a number of issues with various programs and I would suggest running CCleaner and doing a registry repair: https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/registry-cleaner

Just so you are aware CCleaner is a third party tool.

If after repairing the registry the issue remains then you may need to reset your Windows OS.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 8 of 10 (423 Views)

★★ Novice
Hi mate, I haven't tried the clean boot so ill try that one next but CCleaner ive been a full licensed customer of theirs for years and do full system and registery cleans every couple of weeks. And as already stated, I already re-installed windows when I installed a new m.2 drive so a complete fresh install on a fresh new drive. At the moment its only done it a couple of times in the past fe weeks and worked 95% so it hard to catch it and figure out the issue atm. But until its sorted I have had to cancel my subscription as I cant risk paying for another year and not being able to use it.

I dont think you can help me anymore so thanks for trying but if the clean boot doesn't resolve then ill leave it.

Cheers
Matt
Message 9 of 10 (409 Views)

Community Manager

As I said above @FilthyG0bliin your DxDiag is showing a number of issues with your system. The best thing to do is try what I suggested above and then grab a new DxDiag.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 10 of 10 (388 Views)