Re: Origin app looks low quality/resolution

by Mantakno

Original Post

Origin app looks low quality/resolution

★ Apprentice

just opened origin and it looks low quality/res...anybody know the prob?any fix?...i never had this problem before

Message 1 of 15 (21,830 Views)

Community Manager

Can't say that I have seen an issue like this before @RetroRasputin, can you grab a screenshot of the issue so that I can see what it looks like?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 15 (21,775 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same issue. This is on a 1440p monitor. People on reddit are experiencing the same issues. 
https://www.reddit.com/r/origin/comments/bdv908/blurry_ui/

Message 3 of 15 (21,768 Views)

★ Apprentice

it happened after the new update

Message 4 of 15 (21,743 Views)

★ Apprentice

i saw my friend just updated his...so i checked it was fine but then after the update, it looks low res

Message 5 of 15 (21,742 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Darko wrote:

Can't say that I have seen an issue like this before @RetroRasputin, can you grab a screenshot of the issue so that I can see what it looks like?

Darko

Well, are you gonna response? Standard smile

Message 6 of 15 (21,692 Views)

Community Manager

When replying to a CM it is always best to tag them in the post @welllpapp. Otherwise, it can be easy to miss.

I'm looking at the image and not really seeing an issue. I tested on a 4K display and it looks fine. The best thing to do if things are looking blurry is play around with your DPI settings.

Can you right-click on the Origin shortcut and then select Properties. From here select the Compatibility tab and enable Disable display scaling on high DPI settings.

Let me know if it makes a difference.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 7 of 15 (21,673 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@EA_Darko 

Yeah enabling "Disable scaling on high DPI settings - Program" seemed to fix it, thanks - however, every time the client start I get a Origin popup that says "You're currently in Windows compatibility mode". I guess I have to live with that? This issue came from your update, any way to hotfix it?

Message 8 of 15 (21,614 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@EA_Darko 

Submitting two screenshots for you to better see the difference. I'd say there's a difference yeah? Like going from Low res to standard 1440p.

Message 9 of 15 (21,612 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Windows compatibility mode, have you fiddle with boot options ?

check controll panel and see system device do you have any exclamation point "!" and then its graphic , check for newest driver also.,

i dont work for EA.

Message 10 of 15 (21,600 Views)