Origin and Sims 4 won't open on Laptop

by JayCarmen

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin and Sims 4 won't open on Laptop

★★★ Novice

No matter what I try, Origin refuses to open. There are no loading screens the program doesn't even pop up. It acts as if I did not click it. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. I have run as administrator. I have run troubleshooting. Nothing works. I don't know what else to do or try. I have looked over other problems and questions and none of those solutions have worked. I am about to just never play the Sims again. I really would like any advice on how to open the game again.

Message 1 of 3 (476 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin and Sims 4 won't open on Laptop

Community Manager

@JayCarmen 

Can you check if using a new Windows Administrator account helps you here, thanks.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ie/help/4026923/windows-10-create-a-local-user-or-administrator-acc...

barry.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (424 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@JayCarmen 

Can you check if using a new Windows Administrator account helps you here, thanks.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ie/help/4026923/windows-10-create-a-local-user-or-administrator-acc...

barry.png
Message 2 of 3 (425 Views)

★ Novice

I had this issue yesterday. I opened sims 4 like usual, but none of my packs were working, so I restarted my computer thinking it was a small bug. I tried to open sims 4, and it wasn't working. Then, I tried to open origin, but that wasn't working either. After a chat with a live support agent, I found out that this is actually an issue within origin. The only way I found to fix it was to uninstall and reinstall origin. Once I did that, everything was working fine. 

Don't worry, if you uninstall origin, your game will be fine. It's just a small issue with a recent update they did. Standard smile

Message 3 of 3 (293 Views)