Origin and Games wont open

by TJHsenpai

Original Post

Origin and Games wont open

★★★ Newbie

So I cannot open the origin app at all. 

I have had conversations with help desk and that did not work. I went through every troubleshooting solution they offered and had no luck with that. 

i found a thread where you repair, uninstall and download the vcredist software on the file location and that has not worked. 

I can't open the application or any other games that I have from Origin, in the task manager it is not running in the background or seen at all. 

Any solutions or help at all I will try at this point! 

Message 1 of 3 (505 Views)

Re: Origin and Games wont open

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@TJHsenpai Regarding vcredist, were you getting any errors related to Visual C++ (e.g. missing DLL files)? Are you being presented any error messages that would help pinpoint the issue?

Have you tried the following?

1. Clear Origin's cache.
  2. If #1 doesn't resolve the issue, uninstall Origin "the hard way". Download the full installer, but before installing, right-click OriginSetup.exe and select Properties from the context menu, then in the Properties window tick the Unblock box (if you are using Windows 7 Service Pack 1 or Windows 8.1 instead of Windows 10, it will be a button labeled Unblock instead of a box). After reinstalling, if Origin opens successfully, you might need to give Origin a minute to verify your installed games (if you currently have any installed).
    OriginSetupProperties.PNG
Message 2 of 3 (445 Views)

Re: Origin and Games wont open

Community Manager

Hey @TJHsenpai it sounds like something is blocking Origin, can you take a couple of minutes to go through the following steps:

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 3 (378 Views)