Origin and EA Desktop

by hosagi

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin and EA Desktop

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Please advise everyone that if they wish to use EA Desktop Beta and currently have Origin installed to completely remove Origin before they install EA Desktop. When I tried to install a game and multiple DLC on Origin it would stop downloading one and would not install the next. When I tried to install on EA Desktop it would stay in calculating the time. 

Message 1 of 2 (2,031 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin and EA Desktop

Community Manager

@hosagi Currently you can have both Origin and EA Desktop installed but cannot use them at the same time.

If you are trying to install something on Origin and running into an issue we can take a look here, If you wish to use EA Desktop please make a post here.

For Origin when the installation stops do you get an error message or does the speed go to 0?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (1,995 Views)

All Replies

Re: Origin and EA Desktop

Community Manager

@hosagi Currently you can have both Origin and EA Desktop installed but cannot use them at the same time.

If you are trying to install something on Origin and running into an issue we can take a look here, If you wish to use EA Desktop please make a post here.

For Origin when the installation stops do you get an error message or does the speed go to 0?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 2 (1,996 Views)