Origin Won't Launch

by danimarvelous

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin Won't Launch

★★★ Newbie

I turned on my laptop recently and immediately got a small window telling me that there was an error with Origin and that it couldn't open. The only thing that's changed is that my computer updated recently to Windows 10.

I've tried reinstalling the computer update as well as uninstalling and reinstalling Origin but I still can't figure out how to fix the problem. So far I haven't come across anyone with a similar issue so I really have no clue how to fix it and I'm really hoping someone might be able to help. I apologize if the solution seems obvious -- I'm really not good with computers.

Here's a screenshot of the error message: 

Message 1 of 3 (380 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin Won't Launch

@danimarvelous  The file mentioned, MSVCR120.dll, is from Microsoft, not Origin.  Specifically, it's part of the 2013 Visual C++ redistributable, which does run just fine in Windows 10.  Click on Settings > Apps and uninstall both the x86 and x64 versions (only the ones from 2013, not any others) and then download new ones from Microsoft:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (369 Views)

All Replies

@danimarvelous  The file mentioned, MSVCR120.dll, is from Microsoft, not Origin.  Specifically, it's part of the 2013 Visual C++ redistributable, which does run just fine in Windows 10.  Click on Settings > Apps and uninstall both the x86 and x64 versions (only the ones from 2013, not any others) and then download new ones from Microsoft:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (370 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It took me a bit but I figured out how to follow directions lol Origin is finally pulling up again.Thank you so much! 

Message 3 of 3 (355 Views)