Origin Update or Install - Error 9:0

by asthmatic_kitty

Original Post

Re: Can't update Origin. Error Code 9.0

★★ Novice

Agree totally. I have a new MSI GS 63 VR 6RF stealth pro and installed Star Wars Battlefront Battlefield 4 Hardline and Titanfall after upgrading to the latest Win 10 version and initially all my games worked great but now the origin launcher will not launch I tried uninstalling it as well as clearing the cache and redownloading origin setup including the originsetup originthinsetup and the beta version and run them as administer and the program will NOT install. I have latest NVidia drivers latest Win10 etc. It worked a couple days ago but nothing now. totally unable to install the origin setup program.

Message 71 of 618 (5,117 Views)

★★ Novice

also I do not get any error messages. simply cannot install the origin interface launcer

Message 72 of 618 (5,105 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem -_- 

what should I do?

Message 73 of 618 (5,075 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem -_- 

what should I do?

Message 74 of 618 (4,218 Views)

Can't update Origin. Error Code 9.0

★★★ Newbie

tried everything nothings working trying to download origin for the first time for my sims 4 game and then error code 9.0 can anyone help me please

Message 75 of 618 (4,311 Views)

Hero (Retired)

try this steps:

- uninstall Origin

- Make clean boot
- disable/close other soft

- delete folders:
C:\ProgramData\Origin\
C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Local\Origin\
C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\Origin\
- download this installer and run it as Admin

- run Origin as Admin

Message 76 of 618 (4,288 Views)

EA DICE Team

@abc111114666

Hi there,

Try following the steps detailed in the following thread:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/Can-t-update-Origin-Error-Code-9-0/td-p/5485618

Message 77 of 618 (4,288 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm so god damn annoyed. I have tried EVERYTHING everyone tells me to do. But I keep getting 9:0 error. I deleted all origin files(except ones that I werent allowed permission to, for nO REASON!) I have tried reinstalling several times, still getting the same error. This just came out of nowhere and I'm so pissed because its not fixing itself, and I'm not able to fix it. If origin doesn't fix this * I refuse to buy anything else from them because I can't deal with spending lots of money on games that one day I can't play because origin can't fix these errors. (I've had several others in the past, but this one isn't fixable)

Message 78 of 618 (4,127 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@Rosedominea

I think you've just detailed your own problem: there are Origin related files on your system that you do not have access to. This also means that Origin can't modify those files as it most likely hasn't received permission from your system either.

Try finding out why there is no access to those files. For example, are you sharing the system? Are you the administrator? Which files specific files are you referring to?

The simplest solution for permission issues is running the program as administrator.

Message 79 of 618 (3,764 Views)

★★ Novice

I am not sharing the system, I am the administrator, and I have run it as administrator several times. The folder is named LegacyPM and the origin unistall is inside it, and I dont have access to it??? 

Message 80 of 618 (3,657 Views)