[admin edit: comment removed]

Message 21 of 618 (14,415 Views)

Re: Can't update Origin. Error Code 9.0

★★★ Newbie

for the error 19:0  the same steps?

Message 22 of 618 (14,362 Views)

★★★ Expert

@TTTayllor First Exit origin Completely then, open your task manager and end any Origin processes there.

Now unplug your modem and Router, if you have one.

Leave them unplugged and Clear your Origin Cache Files. (You might want to print or copy down those instructions before disabling your internet connection)

Once that's done, plug in ONLY your modem, let it fully boot and get connected then, plug your router back in.

Wait for your computer to have internet access again and, see if it works now.

Message 23 of 618 (14,345 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Honestly: Origin is a bad joke. Guys, you are paid for creating a system that is a pile of *. Than you expect me, the lame user to work, as you did your job poorly??? Seriously?

There was barely any origin update in the past 3-4 years, that installed properly, without crashing or *ing an error message on my screen. What a branch of losers create such a terrible thing??

You should pay for the users to stay with you. Shame on you EA, shame on you Origin Team!

Message 24 of 618 (14,305 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

^He droped the mic and left in glory.

But the sad part is that all he said is true.

I have an steam account for about 5 years and it didn't crashed once. Also I've been using origin from 07/2015 and since then it crashed 4 times so bad that I had to look it up on the yahoo answers and battlefield related forums to get it running.

Somebody should resign in that nut house, this is just hilarious.

Message 25 of 618 (14,254 Views)

★ Novice

Hi, I had this problem too but I solved yesterday. In my case the problem was that origin.exe still runing even when the application was closed, I realized that when trying to uninstall origin client, so what I did was start windows in safe mode, rename origin.exe to origin.exe.bak so no process can load it. Then restart windows normally and install Origin from installer downloaded from website.

Message 26 of 618 (11,142 Views)

★★★ Expert

@armando_bardo Thank you for posting what solved this for you.

Is this helping others get this error resolved?

Message 27 of 618 (11,140 Views)

★ Novice

I totally Agree.

I went through the schlep of uninstalling origin, removing all from the registry, re downloading content that had been downloaded. and here we go again new origin client update same error code 9:0 *.

Message 28 of 618 (11,098 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

@Straatford87 :

Clearing catche worked for me in 50%. Why in 50% You ask? Well, it worked on my PC with Windows 7 but not on my laptop with Windows 10. Uninstalling app/clearing registry and other stuff is also not working on so what should I do now? Wait 'till problem will be solved or what?

Message 29 of 618 (11,101 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Also getting the error code 9.0 because apparently a buggy beta client is being pushed out to the public even tho they have de selected updating to beta's in their options . 

Every single time this client needs an update it errors out . I had this about a month ago , removed the beta updated and all was ok, now apparently it its doing it again .  The beta clients should not be available to the public and the client shouldn't be auto updating to it specially when the user specifically says no . Isn't that what trojans do ?   Who ever it is who is coding this * wants a boot up the a$$.  Might be good if EA didnt forget that their are laws to protect the public from this type of behaviour .

Message 30 of 618 (11,059 Views)