Re: Origin Update or Install - Error 9:0

by Straatford87

Original Post

★ Novice

And also block the recent update of PHPStorm, check the screenshot.

Message 451 of 618 (21,459 Views)

★ Novice

closer look

Message 452 of 618 (21,458 Views)
Highlighted

EA DICE Team

To fix this issue, please try the steps as linked in-client when experiencing the error:

Untitled2.png

Message 453 of 618 (172,737 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This goes back to 2016. Every time. Every single time. What is linked is a work around and not a fix because it happens again and again. I really want to know what it's going to take for a permanent fix. An installer that breaks every update. It's absolutely ridiculous, unprofessional and should be an embarrassment to the company.

Message 454 of 618 (21,280 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've had this error several times now, and like many other users I am sick of it. Can't you fix it? It seems to have been around for more than two years now!

Message 455 of 618 (21,187 Views)

★★★ Newbie

...and again. I am, like so many others, so damned sick of the Origin Client failing to update. Why the heck is it so difficult to get this one right, EA? Do you even bother to read how frustrated your customers are? Do you care? I have to wonder, because if you did care you'd fix the problem.

Message 456 of 618 (21,092 Views)

Re: Can't update Origin. Error Code 9.0

★★ Novice

I did all of that and still have an error 9.0 code.. why ... just why.. I have spent so much money and this NEVER works.. yeah a little shout but felt it appropriate. 

Message 457 of 618 (21,025 Views)

Re: Can't update Origin. Error Code 9.0

★★★★★ Newbie

Yeah I've been getting the same error for over a year everytime Origin updates. I'm always having to uninstall and reinstall Origin I've tried all these temp suggestions about clearing cache and restarting O/OS  to meet the repeated fail.. I was hoping someone would have a permanent fix by now. I just don't understand it. Steam=no problem, Uplay=no problem, ORIGIN=Fail. I barely run origin now because of this b.s...guess I'll check back in next month for a fix.I may just copy and paste this rant every month

Message 458 of 618 (20,977 Views)

★ Novice

I've spent like 2 hours of my night trying to fix this. It's 2018 and this started in 2016?? I bought 50 dollar worth of games from y'all today and I can't play them. Cleared my cache doesn't work. Uninstall and then a reinstall still get the code. What else can I do? Preferably something that doesn't take up anymore of free time to play things I paid for.

Message 459 of 618 (20,869 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This may be weird, but try not to lose window focus during update, i.e. - do not open any other windows (folders, programs, "start" button) during update.

Message 460 of 618 (20,816 Views)