Re: Origin Update or Install - Error 9:0

by Daelius

Original Post

Re: Can't update Origin. Error Code 9.0

★★★★★ Newbie

I did this, and i still got the error code. I'm not sure what I should do now.

Message 341 of 618 (708 Views)

★★ Pro

@TALON1138 In general it seems to be a mixup with programs and Origin. What steps did you do so far? 

Message 342 of 618 (630 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Gwyndolium, I had previously done the official solution a number of times earlier in the year, which worked, but every time there was an update I'd need to do it again, until a month or so when it actually successfully updated for the first time in ages, but then with the latest update, it is a case of "Here we go again." And this time the official solution didn't work, hence me looking to your solution to sort out the problem. That has now worked.
Message 343 of 618 (625 Views)

★★ Pro

@TALON1138 yeah it seems like a conflict somewhere. Might have to do the exact same next patch but lets hope it's not the case. Also be sure to check windows updates now and then as well as Origin is based upon the newest updates too. 

Message 344 of 618 (625 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Thanks for the advice, will bear that in mind.
Message 345 of 618 (618 Views)

★★★ Novice

Couldn't agree more. I've wasted the best part of £150 on their stuff. Unfortunate as it is Time is money and the time wasted has cost me more than that, reluctantly I've abandoned all Origin Based games.

Message 346 of 618 (909 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I can't update Origin, because the installation fails. It says I should restart, that it should work, but it doesn't. It still keeps giving me this error (9.0). I HAVE FIXED IT, remove the anit-virus !! i had malwarebyte and it stopped it from working, win10pro 

Message 347 of 618 (894 Views)

★ Novice

I tried literally everything everyone suggested in this post, and found that a simple computer restart fixed my problems. I feel like an idiot for not thinking of that first.

Wish you all the best!

Message 348 of 618 (880 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I turned off my anti virus and it installed normally.

Message 349 of 618 (924 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My origin doesnt work,always writing the error 9:0....why????

I'm going to sue the company because it's hurting the user!!!!

Message 350 of 618 (857 Views)