Re: Origin Installation Error 9.0

by kaitlynmerry

Original Post

Re: Can't update Origin. Error 9.0

★★★★ Guide

irst off, please download the Origin installation file from here once more: https://www.origin.com/download
Next, please navigate to your download folder and right click the "OriginThinSetup.exe" file and choose "Run As Administrator".

If that still does not work, and the installation fails, please follow the below steps in exact order. You did mention that you tried many of them already, but the order is important, so please do it once more for us to ensure we are not missing anything:
Manually uninstall Origin.
Run CCleaner.
Restart your router/modem and do a Clean Boot.
Make sure that your UAC is enabled and set to notify.
Download the latest version of Origin and install the client - make sure to run the setup file with administrator rights.
Add firewall/antivirus exceptions for Origin and open the needed ports.
When starting Origin, please make sure to run it as Administrator.
Let us know how you get on afterwards.

Cheers,
Nils

^  I was searchjng this site for a solution to the Origin of error 09 and the  subsequent fail to start of Orign.  

Its ridiculous  that customers have to even carry out these steps in order to actually update the client.  

Why does OriginThin create so much havoc?  

In all my years with Steam, there has NEVER been  this much hassle with a game client

.......... and still Orign  will not update nor launch.  EA, Its not good enough..

Message 131 of 618 (1,812 Views)

Re: Can't update Origin. Error Code 9.0

★ Novice

i had this error after my son was playing spore, origin said it had a update, so we patched the client and encountered the error code 9.0, after trying everything mentioned to no avail, i actually got it fixed by going to my main pc, copying the entire origin folder over to the kids pc.

After i copied the folder over i ran the origin.exe file from the folder and then client patched itself with no problems, and now he can play spore and fifa again

Message 132 of 618 (1,917 Views)

Re: Can't update Origin. Error Code 9.0

★★★ Novice

I have submitted an error report (#30499953) and talked to a support rep about the error 9:0 problem with every update.

During the support chat i closed the automated update that crashed, started  OriginThinSetup.exe from my download folder where i had downloaded it previously, but which yielded the same error 9:0. After closing that setup, i started OriginSetup.exe which did work and i could start Origin. However once origin started it stated i needed to update *Again*.

Realizing the setup file might have been an old version, i redownloaded the full install from https://download.dm.origin.com/origin/live/OriginSetup.exe and started the setup once more and got the 9:0 error code. After the third time of closing the error 9:0 setup and restarting it, the setup took and started origin and i was able to go online. Nothing changed to the system, no other programs or services started or closed just exiting and restarting origin setup.

Every time i get the update message from origin and unavoidably run into the 9:0 error code which signals a lengthy opaque process of setups and reinstalls, my hatred for this software grows a bit. If EA is not able to write a decent bit of software that is able to update maybe its time to either stop updating it in this manner, bow down to the vastly superior Steam or even develop for consoles only since the steam and console manufacturers know how to keep the users nearly free of these kinds of undefinable errors.

Message 133 of 618 (1,890 Views)

Update Error 9:0 and uninstallation and installation problems occurred after

★★ Novice

Well, Origin had an update and, unlucky me, mine didn't. Origin gave an error: 9:0. So i looked at the support and it said me to install the setup from the website and I did. It still gave the same error than made a little bit research and found that uninstalling Origin and than re-installing will fix it, at least that's what this forum said. So i did but now i have 2 files in  ProgramsFilesx86/Origin and they can not be deleted and i can not install origin either it still gives error 9: na dyes i did closed my firewall to make sure it doesn't causes any problem. Can someone please tell me what should i do to fix this problem.

P.S. When i try to delete manually without using Command Line, it tell me that i am not permitted even when i am the administrator. Also i looked in a site and said that i can change permissions of the program from properties, Security part, but when i arrived there it says unable to display owner.

Please help me, all i wanted was to play a bit of C&C Generals Zero Hour before sleep.

Message 134 of 618 (1,873 Views)

Re: Update Error 9:0 and uninstallation and installation problems occurred after

[ Edited ]

Hi, @LaZokado

Follow the steps to completely remove origin from your system:

1. Start the pc in safe mode
  2. Delete the maps in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin" and "C:\Program Data\Origin". The last map is invisible so click on the "view" tab in the windows explorer in the C partition (local drive) and tick the "hidden items" square.
  3. Also delete "appdata\roaming\origin" and "appdata\local\origin"

The next steps are to reinstall origin in a safely way:

1. Restart your PC in clean boot mode
  2. Download the latest origin installer from https://www.origin.com
  3. Right click on the installer and choose "run as administrator"
  4. Restart in normal mode and check if it worked

Please let us know if this fixed your problem.

Message 135 of 618 (1,861 Views)

Re: Update Error 9:0 and uninstallation and installation problems occurred after

★★ Novice

Thanks a lot man it helped me now i can play C&C Generals Zero Hour again. Have a nice day.

Message 136 of 618 (1,834 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi again, @LaZokado

You're welcome, thank you. I'm very happy you're able to play your favourite game again. Large smile
You're always welcome on this forum when having problems and don't forget the origin community's "general discussion" if you want to join in on some less technical discussions.

Message 137 of 618 (1,822 Views)

Origin Installation Error 9.0

★★★★ Novice

I have a PC and every time I try to update my origin, it tells me there is an error and to just restart the application, but it doesn't ever work. I have always had to uninstall origin and then reinstall it in order to use origin again every single time I download an update. As if this wasn't already painful enough, this time when I tried to reinstall it, it gave me the error code 9.0. I have tried clearing my origin cache with no avail. I also don't think origin is being blocked from the internet because I don't even have it installed. I'm not sure what to do because I really want to get back to playing my games, but origin never seems to properly update without having issues. Can anyone help me solve this problem?

Message 138 of 618 (1,837 Views)

Hi, @kaitlynmerry

I'm going to give you a link of another person that experienced the same error as you today. To fix the error, follow the tutorial given in the link: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Update-Error-9-0-and-uninstallation-and-installation-probl...

Please let us know the result.

Message 139 of 618 (1,223 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It worked! Thank you so much! Standard smile

Message 140 of 618 (1,118 Views)