Re: [PC ORIGIN] Can't install new update, code 9:0?

by DarkAmaranth1966

Original Post

Re: Can't update Origin. Error Code 9.0

★★★ Newbie

Same problem with me.. 

im really bored by that ..

uninstall and cleaning everything. downloading from the web and fresh install again , but after a while automaticly updateding.. Thennn 9.0 error.. 

Message 11 of 618 (67,749 Views)

Community Manager

@nikolasaras Hi, 

First off, please download the Origin installation file from here once more: https://www.origin.com/download

Next, please navigate to your download folder and right click the "OriginThinSetup.exe" file and choose "Run As Administrator".

If that still does not work, and the installation fails, please follow the below steps in exact order. You did mention that you tried many of them already, but the order is important, so please do it once more for us to ensure we are not missing anything:

1. Manually uninstall Origin.
  2. Run CCleaner.
  3. Restart your router/modem and do a Clean Boot.
  4. Make sure that your UAC is enabled and set to notify.
  5. Download the latest version of Origin and install the client - make sure to run the setup file with administrator rights.
  6. Add firewall/antivirus exceptions for Origin and open the needed ports.
  7. When starting Origin, please make sure to run it as Administrator.

Let us know how you get on afterwards.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 12 of 618 (67,734 Views)

[PC ORIGIN] Can't install new update, code 9:0?

★★★ Novice

As in the title, I can't update my origin to new version. I tried many times but it always "code 9:0". I don't know what does it mean and I didn't find anything at polish EA HELP side. Please help! p.s. I'll be realy happy if I get help in polish.

Message 13 of 618 (68,700 Views)

EA DICE Team

@WitcherDr

I can't read the error message on your screen so it would help if you are able to translate it. Do note that if you have trouble communicating in English that you can always reach out to a dedicated Polish EA Advisor (available Monday - Friday):

https://help.ea.com/pl/contact-us/#

As for what I would like you to try first when Origin won't update:

• Disable any anti-virus, anti-malware or firewall programs on your system, or be sure to give Origin access.
  • Clear the Origin Cache, then run as administrator.
  • Run your system in a clean boot.

I hope this helps you Standard smile

Message 14 of 618 (68,635 Views)

★★★ Expert

I can't read the error either, except that it is error 9.0, that's a fairly common connection error in many programs. Assuming Origin is the same, it's usually due to security software blocking the connection.

Make sure your firewall and anti virus are not blocking Origin from connecting to the internet. Disable them temporarily if you need to.

If you can't understand this well enough, reach out to a Dedicated Polish Advisor as @Straatford87 instructed above.

Message 15 of 618 (68,628 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm now having the same issue. It worked fine last night, now it's dead. Clearly there's something wrong with origin, as per usual, since several are reporting the same problem. So it's up to you ea scrubs to sort it out if you want us to play/buy your games.

Don't make us do your work after we payed for your games, that's just bad style.

It's your responsibility.

Message 16 of 618 (67,556 Views)

Error 9:0

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hola Comunidad...

Estoy teniendo un error que por lo que veo es básicamente "comun" en origin desde 2013.

Tenia abierto el origin y estaba jugando al Battlefield 4 sin ningún problema, al cerrar el juego, veo que el programa de Origin me decia que había una nueva versión y si quería instalarlo y sin problemas le di aceptar...

Cerro el programa y al abrirlo me salio un error (primera imagen)

Reinicio el programa y salta el mismo error. Pero al cerrarlo me abre directamente la opción de ingresar a mi cuenta, lleno los datos y al iniciar me dice que tengo que tener conexión a Internet para poder iniciar sesión (segunda imagen)

Verifique el firewall, el anti virus o cualquier programa que este impidiendome acceso a internet y nada funciona... alguna sugerencia? 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Traslate be google)

Hello Community ...
I am having an error that I see is basically "common" in origin since 2013.
He had opened origin and was playing Battlefield 4 without any problem, to close the game, see the Origin program told me that there was a new version and if I wanted to install it without problems gave accept ...
I close the program and open it got an error (first image)
Restart the program and jumps the same error. But when you close me directly opens the option to log into my account, full data and start telling me I have to have an Internet connection to log (second image)

Check the firewall, anti virus or any program that is preventing me from internet access and nothing works ... any suggestions?

Message 17 of 618 (65,037 Views)

Community Manager

I solved this issue by installing  Net Framework new version: http://www.microsoft.com/net

EA_KalinaAHQ

Message 18 of 618 (67,446 Views)

Re: Error 9:0

EA DICE Team

@chiperamaster

Hi,

Part of your post might have gotten lost in translation. We do have a separate Spanish Origin board available if that is easier for you:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/ct-p/Origin-ES

What you can try in the meantime is the following:

• Check again for any anti-virus, anti-malware or firewall program. Either disable them or make sure that Origin is given access; the following ports are used by Origin:

TCP: 80; 443; 9960-9969; 1024-1124; 3216; 18000; 18120; 18060; 27900; 28910; 29900
    UDP: 1024-1124; 18000; 29900

• Clear the Origin cache and run as administrator
  • Reinstall Origin
  • Check the correct time and date on your system
  • Check your system for any VPN or proxy

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Message 19 of 618 (64,964 Views)

★★★ Newbie

ive tryed updating; having the problem, so i then unistalled and re-insralled and still have an 9.0 error

Message 20 of 618 (67,355 Views)