Re: Origin Update Error 11:0

by bobsonian

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin Update Error 11:0

★★★★ Novice

This error is happening for every single Origin update, I have to clear the Origin cache every time an update is required.  I've tried running as Admin, I've uninstalled and reinstalled, uninstalled and installed on different drives.

I launched origin today and I have the same error 11:0 (the last time I used it I re-installed it on a new drive), I can clear the cache and get it working but this will happen next time an update is due.  Is there a permanent fix?

Are there any logs I can attach that will help?

Message 1 of 9 (2,304 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice

I have just had to update Origin and I have the same error again,  I tried all of the steps in your post and none of them work.  I have however found the issue which i hope will be fed back to someone.

When updating origin the OriginWebHelperService service does not shutdown properly, it will stay in a 'Stopping' state.  The OriginWebHelperService.exe needs to be killed in task manager, once Origin starts to update this service is uninstalled and the update works as it should.  So obviously this service not shutting down properly is the cause of the problem.

View in thread

Message 5 of 9 (2,148 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @bobsonian can you try deleting the OriginThinSetupInternal.exe file and open Origin once more as administrator. The standard location for Origin can be found at C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin.

You can also find the file by pressing Ctrl + Alt + Delete -> Task Manager - right-click OriginThinSetupInternal.exe -> Open File Location.

Other workarounds:

1. Enable True Color (32 bit)via Control panel -> Appearance and Personalization -> Adjust Screen Resolution -> Advanced -> Monitor
  2. Lower screen resolutionvia right-click Desktop -> Screen Resolution (Win 7) or Display Settings (Win 10) -> lower the resolution as much as possible 
  3. Disable conflicting programs- think about motherboard apps, or security software such as an anti-virus, anti-malware or firewall
  4. Select the correct display - Press Windows key + P on your keyboard and make sure that you haven't Extendedyour desktop. Instead, try select Computer Only

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 9 (2,270 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

This doesn't explain why the update works when I clear the Origin cache though (and only the cache), I shouldn't need to start making changes to windows especially as the update used to work fine.  EA must know what error code 11:0 is so as to give the user a clue as to where the issue lies, there are also error log files which must be of use to someone who can diagnose the problem, I just don't know which file i can send.

Message 3 of 9 (2,258 Views)

Community Manager

The steps I shared are the ones related to fixing the issue you are seeing @bobsonian. The issue can be caused by a conflict with a Windows setting so you do need to try the steps I posted above.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 9 (2,237 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have just had to update Origin and I have the same error again,  I tried all of the steps in your post and none of them work.  I have however found the issue which i hope will be fed back to someone.

When updating origin the OriginWebHelperService service does not shutdown properly, it will stay in a 'Stopping' state.  The OriginWebHelperService.exe needs to be killed in task manager, once Origin starts to update this service is uninstalled and the update works as it should.  So obviously this service not shutting down properly is the cause of the problem.

Message 5 of 9 (2,149 Views)

11:0 Error

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

When I try to update origin it just crashes upon installation. It's really frustrating since I just got origin access. I've tried multiple solutions like clearing cache (worked at first, but doesn't work anymore) and disabling antivirus. Any idea about what the cause could be? Also, I've seen it work for some people, but completely resetting my pc is something I, at all costs, don't wish to do at all costs (unless its the last resort). Any help is appreciated

Extra info: I moved my games folder to my harddrive (DStandard smile, whilst the origin client is on my ssd (CStandard smile.

My av is bitdefender free.

Message 6 of 9 (1,676 Views)

Re: 11:0 Error

★★★★ Novice

Just do what I said in comment #5, it seems EA has no intention of fixing this problem as it still happens for me.  Just right click your task bar, open task manager, go to the details tab and find the OriginWebHelperService.exe process, right click it andend the task.

Message 7 of 9 (1,652 Views)

Re: 11:0 Error

★★★ Newbie

Thanks! I've tried to close the web helper thing before but it didn't work... but now it did! I hope this doesn't occur again Standard smile

Message 8 of 9 (1,638 Views)

★★★ Novice
@bobsonian thank you very much. It worked.
Message 9 of 9 (1,480 Views)