Re: Origin Stuck At Finalizing (May have a fix)

by simcology

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem here. 

after completing the download of the game, I waited for 7 hours, the game finish, but gets stuck in the message 'finalizing', for 7 HOURS !!! I bought the game and this is giving me more problems than who uses pirate copy, that  only needs to download and install and play. 

That's a shame. What's next? How do I request reversal ? because you didn't refund me, and I'm not enjoying the product. BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE ACCESS 

Message 11 of 14 (840 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am waiting for an official and decent answer from EA and Origin, as this platform is becoming impossible to use, since an original game that did not launch on my pc was purchased. I've been trying to solve this problem for a whole day. Your support is being terrible.

Message 12 of 14 (835 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Sunshinemudcrab wrote:

Hey guys, I've noticed recently that Origin seems to be stuck at finalizing when downloading games like KoTOR and KoTOR II. So the "fix" I found was to force close Origin with task manager and then run the program as administrator. For me, this glitch seems to happen whenever Origin doesn't fully download a game, so by doing this process, it downloads the parts that it missed. Sometimes however, I had to repeat the process multiple times to get it to work.

I had same after installing 6 Sims 4 DLCs. Stuck on finalizing when i tried to start playing. I use mac. Then i clicked on the cog and update game, even tho it had already updated, i was going to hit repair next but hitting update seemed to clear it. Not quite the same situation but might help some. 

Message 13 of 14 (722 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

None of this worked.

Message 14 of 14 (200 Views)