Origin Sims Bundled Price Switches at Check-out

by CoriAmazon

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin Sims Bundled Price Switches at Check-out

★ Novice

So first off I'm not sure if this is the right place to be asking this, if it's not please point me in the right direction.

I saw that Origin was having a summer sale for The Sims 4. I went to check it out and saw the bundle pack was advertised as 43% off which would make it $39.87. I excitedly picked my pack; City Living, Parenthood, and Toddler Stuff. Attached I have a picture of the 3 stated packs and the advertised price of $39.87.

So now I'm ready to check out and play my games so I click "Get the Deal". BOOM, "49.98" pops up as my total, no not the sub-total. I also have attached the screen shot of the same 3 packs with the very different pay price.

I undid and redid the selection process just in case I somehow did something wrong and the same thing happened. This is not the first time Origin has done this and it quite literally makes me just not buy the games at all. If 43% off is advertised, 43% off is what I should get. 

Message 1 of 2 (225 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin Sims Bundled Price Switches at Check-out

@CoriAmazon  There was a sale that ended yesterday (July 18, 10 am Pacific) on Sims 4 content, and the lower bundle price was reflective of that sale.  However, the correct price now is $50 before tax, at least in the U.S.  What likely happened is that the Origin app hadn't refreshed its data yet, so you saw the expired sale price, but then the payment window did load up-to-date information.

If you want to refresh Origin, you can do so by clearing its cache:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (193 Views)

All Replies

Re: Origin Sims Bundled Price Switches at Check-out

@CoriAmazon  There was a sale that ended yesterday (July 18, 10 am Pacific) on Sims 4 content, and the lower bundle price was reflective of that sale.  However, the correct price now is $50 before tax, at least in the U.S.  What likely happened is that the Origin app hadn't refreshed its data yet, so you saw the expired sale price, but then the payment window did load up-to-date information.

If you want to refresh Origin, you can do so by clearing its cache:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (194 Views)