Re: Origin Sims 4 "download failed"

by heyburak

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@CantirasI changed the location to D:\program files (x86)/TheSims4 tried to download, Im getting the error 327684:2 and 327684:1 again.

Message 31 of 35 (900 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@heyburak Is the InstallLog you uploaded from The Sims 4\__Installer\ on your C or D drive? I ask because if you look at the InstallLog you uploaded, you can see all the failed attempts have been to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\.

I do see an error in the InstallLog, but I want to make certain this is the current InstallLog from your most recent installation attempt on whichever drive you are currently trying to install the game on. Origin is failing when setting up the uninstall data; unfortunately it doesn't indicate why it failed to copy a particular file.

First, in Verkenner, on the Beeld tab, enable Verborgen items. To test this, go to C:\ and look for a directory named ProgramData once "Verborgen items" has been selected. If you can see the ProgramData directory, then go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\ and see if there is a directory named "EAInstaller". If so, within the EAInstaller directory is there a subdirectory named "The Sims 4"? If so, inside The Sims 4 subdirectory are there two files named Cleanup.exe and Cleanup.dat? Try removing any files (e.g. Cleanup.exe and Cleanup.dat) and folders inside C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\EAInstaller\The Sims 4, then try installing the game again. If there were no files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\EAInstaller\The Sims 4 or if there were files which you removed, please let me know. If the installation process fails again after you've emptied C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\EAInstaller\The Sims 4, please post the current InstallLog.txt.

Sorry to beat a dead horse, but when you searched through Register-editor for C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\, once you encountered the first match, you pressed the F3 key on your keyboard to search for the next match, and repeated the process (using the F3 key) until the entire registry had been searched? If you search for just The Sims 4 (pressing the F3 key to continue the search), do you return any matches in the locations I mentioned?

Also, once again run the commands in PowerShell (as an administrator) I mentioned in post #9.

Message 32 of 35 (2,684 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@CantirasThe log is on C:/
The log is from my 2nd last installation of last night when I deleted everything and redownloaded. Today I changed Origin download library to D but I did not touch the folder on C:/ its still there. So the log is current.

There is only 1 file: Cleanup.exe. The other file is missing. I deleted the file now.
Yes I repeated the F3 register search and there was only 1 match coming up, nothing else. But now I see a bunch of Sims matches.

THE GAME IS WORKING!!!!!! Finally after all this work! Thanks to you! So cleanup.exe was the problem I guess!

One question. Origin is now set on D drive, does that mean I can delete the entire C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4 folder? I have it double on both drives so Im not sure what to do now. Also I want to move electronic arts from mijn documenten to D.

Message 33 of 35 (838 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@heyburak Thanks for your patience and for providing me the necessary info.

If The Sims 4 is installed to your D drive, you can safely delete C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4.

With regard to Documenten\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4, you have several options:

1. Leave it as is. I would advise this unless you are really pressed for free space on your C drive.
  2. Move the entire Documenten folder to D (https://www.windowscentral.com/how-move-default-user-folders-new-drive-windows-10). This moves your entire Documenten folder (everything in it) to D, not just Electronic Arts\The Sims 4.
  3. The game is coded to look for the Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 folder in Documenten, so there is no way to fully separate Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 from Documenten, but you can use a symlink as described in the article https://crinrict.com/blog/2020/02/moving-windows-documents-folder-to-external-drive-via-symbolic-lin.... That would allow you to leave Documenten on C while freeing up some disk space on C that Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 is currently taking. The article mentions moving The Sims 4 folder in Documenten to an external storage drive, but the same process applies to moving it to another internal storage drive (in your case, D).
Message 34 of 35 (824 Views)

Failed Download

★★★ Novice
  • I have downloaded sims 3 and 4 and it keeps saying download failed.

Please can someone help?

Message 35 of 35 (755 Views)