Re: Origin Sims 4 "download failed"

by Cantiras

Original Post

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@heyburak 

• Reboot your computer if you haven't already.
  • Download vc_redist.x86.exe and vc_redist.x64.exe under the heading "Visual Studio 2015, 2017 en 2019" at https://support.microsoft.com/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads. Install both.
  • Download Origin from this link. Once it has downloaded, right-click OriginSetup.exe and select Eigenschappen from the context menu. On the Algemeen tab in the Eigenschappen window, at the bottom, tick the Blokkering opheffen box. Then select the OK button.
  • Run the OriginSetup.exe installer, and change the installation location to a location on your D drive (e.g. D:\Program Files (x86)\Origin). If you are running any security software, you might want to pause it (i.e. temporarily turn it off) before installing Origin, then unpause it once Origin has finished installing.
  • Once Origin is installed and you've signed in, verify that the client is set to install games to the location you want (in the Origin menu, Origin > Applicatieinstellingen > Installaties en opgeslagen spellen tab > Op je computer - Locatie gamebibliotheek), such as D:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games (in this setup, The Sims 4 would install itself to D:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4).
  • Try to download and install The Sims 4. If the download works, we can discuss your Documenten\Electronics Arts\The Sims 4 options for saves and custom content. If The Sims 4 doesn't download, we can try a couple more approaches.
Message 21 of 35 (1,076 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Cantiras Currently downloading.

I dont have a "programfiles" on the D drive, maybe that is the problem. Im going to play it safe this time and let it install on C:\.
I will update once the download is finished.
Message 22 of 35 (1,048 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@heyburak You manually create the "Program Files (x86)" directory on your D drive (the way you would a standard new folder). In Verkenner, once you've navigated to your D drive, you can press the Ctrl + Shift + N keys on your keyboard, or click the Nieuwe map button in the lintmenu, or right-click and select Nieuw > Map from the context menu. Then name the folder Program Files (x86). Once the Program Files (x86) directory has been created on your D drive, start the OriginSetup.exe installer, choose to change the installation location, and select the newly created Program Files (x86) directory on your D drive. I have installed Origin to Program Files (x86)\Origin on another drive; it works. You can install Origin to your C or D drive; it doesn't require installing it to Program Files (x86) on your D drive; you could install it to any folder, such as D:\EA\Origin, for example. I use "Program Files (x86)" for continuity and separation.

Message 23 of 35 (1,046 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@CantirasDownload failed "327684:2" after I clicked sluiten, I got another error "327684:1".

Okay I wasnt sure that was possible, I will do exactly as you said. Standard smile

Message 24 of 35 (1,004 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@heyburak Also try:

• If Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 and 2013 x64 and x86 redistributables were reinstalled, uninstall them again.
  • Navigate to C:\Windows\System32. Check to see if vp6vfw.dll is included there. If not, run vp6install.exe (it's in the The Sims 4\__Installer\vp6 directory).
  • The four suggestions in EA Darko's post (run Origin as an administrator; add Origin to the list of exclusions for your antivirus and firewall software; make sure the ports he mentioned are open; turn off your router's firewall)
  • Instellingen voor Gebruikersaccountbeheer wijzigen
  • Reset Windows Hosts file
  • Running Windows Update
  • Running a full system scan via your systems security software (e.g. Microsoft Defender Antivirus, Kaspersky, Bitdefender, etc). You might also try AdwCleaner and TDSSKiller; these two tools are free and don't require installation.
Message 25 of 35 (984 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@CantirasI did everything but I dont know anything about ports.Not sure if I can do anything about that.

Changing the name of the hostsmap it says "you're not authorised" but I see 2 hosts files, one is type "bestand" and the other is "iCalendar-bestand". I tried to rename the first one. After that my virus scanner popped up and said that it blocked the "hosts file".. is that a problem? I still added the new notepad hosts file under the same folder so there is 3 hosts files now.

I think I did the rest succesfully.

Download failed again..

Message 26 of 35 (977 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@heyburak wrote:

@CantirasI did everything but I dont know anything about ports.Not sure if I can do anything about that.

https://portforward.com/open-port/. But before going down that road, temporarily disable whatever software firewall you are using on Windows (e.g. Windows Firewall, Comodo Firewall, etc) to see if that makes a difference (unless you are absolutely certain Origin has been whitelisted for your firewall). Whether the game download fails or succeeds, please re-enable your firewall after trying. If the download fails with your software firewall disabled, then you can try port forwarding (again, re-enable your software firewall).

@heyburak wrote:

After that my virus scanner popped up and said that it blocked the "hosts file".. is that a problem?

Yes.

Select Bestandsnaamextensies in the lintmenu, if it isn't already. Pause your antivirus software, then try to rename the old hosts file to Hosts.old. When you created the new hosts file, did you save it as "hosts" (with quotation marks) and save it to Bureaublad? The new hosts file should not be named hosts.txt; the new hosts file should not have a file extension. As per the article, once you've saved and closed the new hosts file, you should then be able to copy the new hosts file to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc (but rename the old hosts file first). Once you've moved the new hosts file to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc, unpause your antivirus software.

Disregard hosts.ics (iCalendar-bestand).

What errors do you currently see? 327684:1 and 327684:2, or just one of them?

Did The Sims 4 get as far as generating an InstallLog.txt in The Sims 4\__Installer directory? If so, would you attach it to a post?

Do you have another Origin game in your library (other than The Sims 4) which you can try to download to see if it downloads properly? I'm thinking this is specific/limited to The Sims 4 installation, but I'm not certain (hence some of the steps above).

Out of curiosity, does the download work if you boot Windows 10 in Veilige modus met netwerkmogelijkheden?

Message 27 of 35 (965 Views)

★ Apprentice

@Cantiras I have avira antivirus. I whitelisted the "origin setup" through settings > beveiligingsinstellingen. I disabled realtime protection and disabled the firewall. I fixed the hosts problem now. Renamed the file. Removed the .txt of the new file and pasted it into the folder so its good now.

I still get download failed but no error code this time. I enabled the firewall and realtime protection again.

yes I have the 15.7GB folder with everything. I attached the installllog.txt.

I have no other Origin games. Only Sims 4.

Ill try the safe boot now and update in 5 miutes.

Message 28 of 35 (903 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Cantiras Safe mode with internet didnt work. I tried 2 times but theres no internet. I pressed 5 and f5.
Message 29 of 35 (891 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Cantiras I checked all ports with portforwardutilities. None of them are open or reachable.
Message 30 of 35 (888 Views)