Origin Sims 3 'Problem connecting to server', but connected

by lydsads1

Original Post

Origin Sims 3 'Problem connecting to server', but connected

★★★★★ Newbie

Hello! This message keeps popping up when I'm trying to launch Sims 3, "there is a problem connecting to the server. Please ensure your internet connection is active. If the problem persists try again later." I am connected to my WiFi. I have turned my security/firewall off. I have tried launching in 'offline mode' but a window pops up saying "the game needs access to the internet in order to verify ownership of this game. Please ensure that your computer is online and try again." Can anyone please help me play the game? Frown

Message 1 of 6 (655 Views)

Re: Origin Sims 3 'Problem connecting to server', but connected

Community Manager

@lydsads1 Can you do a quick check and ensure that nothing is blocking your game from going online, try disabling your firewall and anti-virus and also ensure that you are running your browser and Origin with admin rights. 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 6 (637 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Thanks for your reply! Yup, done that. I have also added 'Origin', on my privacy settings, to 'control my computer'. Not sure how to ensure I'm running my browser and Origin with admin rights? (I'm on a Mac & using WiFi)
Message 3 of 6 (628 Views)

★ Novice

Hi I am having this same problem and tried doing all what you said, but still has the same message of: There is a problem connecting to the server. Please ensure your internet connection is active. if the problem persists try again later. Everything is active. Sims 3 and Origin both have permission to run with admin rights, my firewall is turned off and I do not own any anti-virus software. I own a MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), Processor: 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7, Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB/Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB. Any ideas? 

Message 4 of 6 (585 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same with me. I just got origin to work, but now not even the sims will work.

I've tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling, and I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling origin too.

I am connected to my internet and nothing is blocking origin or the sims, it's just acting up for no reason.

Message 5 of 6 (532 Views)

★★★ Newbie

did anybody figure it out yet? i've been having this problem for a full YEAR and i'm just now seeing something about it.

Message 6 of 6 (521 Views)