Origin Setup Does NOT open

by duru1103

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin Setup Does NOT open

★★★ Newbie

Hello, got a new computer and I wanted to download Origin btw my new computer is 8.1 and 64 bit. I litterally tried EVERYTHING but I can't launch origin set up i clicked to it loads of time but still nothing. Before this i had 2 dll errors (120 and 140 dll) then I downloaded both of the dlls now guess what? It does not launch the set up. Please someone help I really wanna play Sims 4. Frown

Message 1 of 2 (175 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin Setup Does NOT open

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there, @duru1103.

Were those the MSVCR100.dll and MSVCR120.dll? It sounds like you're missing components from Microsoft's Visual Studio 2013 package, which may be what is keeping Origin's setup from starting. When you stated that you downloaded those files, did you download them from Microsoft? Also, are you still getting the same error after getting those files?

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post? :eahigh_file: Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (148 Views)

All Replies

Re: Origin Setup Does NOT open

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there, @duru1103.

Were those the MSVCR100.dll and MSVCR120.dll? It sounds like you're missing components from Microsoft's Visual Studio 2013 package, which may be what is keeping Origin's setup from starting. When you stated that you downloaded those files, did you download them from Microsoft? Also, are you still getting the same error after getting those files?

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post? :eahigh_file: Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 2 of 2 (149 Views)