Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Origin Patch Notes

by Abuman619

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

this update effectively killed my origin launcher. it will not connect to the internet and therefore will not let me sign in, despite having an internet connection. uninstalling and reinstalling auto updates to this version and therefore doesn't fix the issue. Done EVERYTHING on my end, from deleting host files on all drivers to changing my internet DNS and using a VPN. the issue is this patch version. 

In the next patch version could you NOT break the launcher and/or fix its current bungled state? 

Message 21 of 42 (1,272 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Since this Update online gaming is no more an option for my origin client.

Like @ToyoHideoshi many tried to solve it on their side without result.

Please fix the origin client and send an Update soon!

Message 22 of 42 (1,244 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I fixed it by changing the Windows 10 settings (Settings->Date and Time->Internettime) to automated time sync via internet.

Now it works fine.

Message 23 of 42 (1,198 Views)

★★★★ Novice

this.... worked. 

After 3 days of trouble shooting, uninstalling and reinstalling, changing DNS multiple times, contacting support... this was the solution. 

EA, how do you push an update that doesn't work on computers that have dates and times set manually? How does this even happen? How have you not figured this out and added it to the list of troubleshooting steps? 

Message 24 of 42 (1,184 Views)

★★★★ Novice

patch notes are a joke. Origin, fix your client and quit telling customers its the users end. ITS YOUR END! Way to screw it up again..Just sell all your games to steam. they take care of the client.

Message 25 of 42 (874 Views)

★★★★ Novice

if your login is busted revert back to  OriginSetup_10_5_41_27263.exe

Message 26 of 42 (861 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Does not work for me

Message 27 of 42 (853 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice
@RealAdawon try doing a fresh install of the older client. thats really all we can do at this moment. all other tips are to change dates and times and clearing origin cache.
Message 28 of 42 (844 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Please fix asap, the older version solution is ridiculous and doesn't seem to work for me. Just tells me to update before playing Apex.

I have tried everything. Two computers in my house don't work, while one computer is functioning normally. 

Please there should be a manual connection option rather than the default offline.

Make this issue the number 1 priority for Origin programmers please.

Message 29 of 42 (714 Views)

Hero

@EA_Tom  We have now version 10.5.45, but dont have many patchnotes in this thread...

Я тут не работаю, а пытаюсь помогать таким как я...I don't work here, but just trying to help gamers like me...
Hero badgeChampion badgeNewbie badge
Fire Breathing Dragon
Message 30 of 42 (708 Views)