Origin Overlay Restriced

by N0QN0Q

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin Overlay Restriced

★★ Novice

Cannot access Origin Overlay while in game (BFV). Says, "This setting is temporarily disabled while in restriced access mode." I did all this: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/enable-restricted-access-mode-in-origin. The "Advanced" option on the Origin Application Screen does not exist, so I cannot remove restricted access mode.

I have not made any changes to my account or games that would have enabled restricted access mode, I cannot even access it, per above.

Very concerned that link about "Restricted Access" was posted on 11.12.19 and that Advance option doesn't exist. Is EA actually checking the steps they are posting in their support help?

The end result of all of this is, I can no longer report cheaters in the game. This is unacceptable.

Message 1 of 16 (27,545 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin Overlay Restriced

★★★ Newbie

Solution:

I was having the same problem. I'm not sure what it is with The Sims 4 but changes have to be made using The Sims 4 for settings. Go to Game Library in Origin. Click on The Sims 4 game which brings you to the window with PLAY button. Under that button is 2 buttons. Wheel on left and star on right. Right mouse click the wheel button which is the settings then click on game properties. In that window bottom left you should see an "Enable Origin in Game for The Sims 4" check this box and click Save it should remove restriction. Uncheck this box and Save to place restriction back. This worked for me. Hope it works for you.

Laquenett1

View in thread

Message 2 of 16 (27,403 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

Solution:

I was having the same problem. I'm not sure what it is with The Sims 4 but changes have to be made using The Sims 4 for settings. Go to Game Library in Origin. Click on The Sims 4 game which brings you to the window with PLAY button. Under that button is 2 buttons. Wheel on left and star on right. Right mouse click the wheel button which is the settings then click on game properties. In that window bottom left you should see an "Enable Origin in Game for The Sims 4" check this box and click Save it should remove restriction. Uncheck this box and Save to place restriction back. This worked for me. Hope it works for you.

Laquenett1

Message 2 of 16 (27,404 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@laquenett1
Thank you so much dude, this worked!!! I have been searching for a solution on this for a few weeks now and have been unable to find it.
Message 3 of 16 (27,365 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you!!! I needed to turn off restricted access for a different game, but using the Sims 4 still worked perfectly!!! I had been spending hours how to fix it!!!

Message 4 of 16 (26,705 Views)

★★★ Newbie

why does this come up under the solved....

Message 5 of 16 (26,425 Views)

★★★ Novice

I think I have a solution. In Windows, close your Origin app, open the Task Manager and kill the Origin background process. Then right click on the Origin app icon and select "Run as administrator". In the Origin app, select the 'More' tab, and then 'ORIGIN IN-GAME'. On the subsequent screen, the 'Enable Origin In-Game' switch should now be active.

In addition, you should make sure that it is enabled for the game you want to play. I.e. go to your 'My Game Library' (it freezes terribly on my computer, you might have to e.g. Ctrl+R to reload)), click on the game's cover, and on the game's screen click the cog-wheel / Settings icon (in the middle, next to the star icon), select 'Game Properties', and check/tick the check mark for 'Enable Origin In Game for...' on the 'General' tab.

Message 6 of 16 (26,344 Views)

★★ Novice
@laquenett1 i had it on but when i start titanfall 2 it locks
Message 7 of 16 (19,613 Views)

★ Novice

I am having the same issue. The In game overlay is toggled on and under Titanfall 2 game properties, I have origin in game overlay enabled. but as soon as I launch Titanfall 2, The overlay says that Im in restricted access mode, but if I scroll down to the restricted access mode toggle, It's off! Please help.

Message 8 of 16 (19,045 Views)

★ Novice

I have same problem, but I instal chroshir over my game, maybe is because that 

Message 9 of 16 (18,234 Views)

★★★ Novice

SOLVED!
Run Origin as administrator and you should be able to get the origin overlay off. Cheers.

Message 10 of 16 (17,452 Views)