Re: Origin: Online login is currently unavailable.

by s_stutler

Original Post

Origin: Online login is currently unavailable.

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

New Edit: Host file reset only worked for 1 day. Back to "Online Login is currently unavailable"

EDIT: Host file reset worked.

got this error awhile ago but have not been gaming lately so did not think much of it until now. I have tried ALL of the suggested fixes as well as resetting my network and firewall/antivirus, only one I have not tried is a fresh windows install because that is something I really want to avoid.

Sorta lost on what to do now....

Message 1 of 3 (381 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@MEDDERXMe too! Only thing that worked was a roll-back Origin version. (I used this one >> https://filehippo.com/download_origin/post_download/)

*Make sure to uncheck "Keep Origin and my games up to date" when you are install.
* Click "Keep signed in" when you sign in, and make sure you have Origin to start when Windows starts.

* By-pass Origin to play your games. Once you are logged into Origin. Locate the game you want to play, on your desktop or where ever its located, Right-click and select "Run As Administrator" .. otherwise, Origin will harass you about the update and you won't be able to play. 
* DO NOT EXIT the client. Just close it. If you exit the client, you will get the notification to install the (broken) critical update, and you will be stuck in offline mode again (although, you should still be able to play your games at that point, just not online)
* If it happens, just exit, Uninstall and reinstall.

Its just a temp fix until EA gets their ish together! Hopefully it helps you outStandard smile

Message 2 of 3 (319 Views)

★★ Novice

Big thanks

Message 3 of 3 (276 Views)