Re: Origin - Keeps saying I need to be online to log in for the first time.

by s_stutler

Original Post

Origin - Keeps saying I need to be online to log in for the first time.

★★ Novice

I will start off by saying, I’ve never been disappointed in Origin as I am now. I’ve been on Origin since 2012. I’ve never had a issue with my account other then an attempted hacking. It was fixed quickly. I’ve never had a issue logging in. I’ve been trying to log in since two weeks ago. None of the support chats, solutions has worked. Origin repeatedly keeps saying I need to be online to log in for the first time. I’ve cleared cache, I’ve checked my internet. I’ve flush DNS. And yet I can’t get into my account. I don’t understand what’s wrong and why it won’t work and why none if these “solutions” isn’t working!! 

Message 1 of 5 (337 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Hi @C0sme89 

It's an know fix it soon as possible EA publish a guide for help us in waiting Up.

A full guide detailing how to resolve connection issues with Origin is available in the following thread:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Complete-Support-Origin-Connection-Issues/td-p/5019298

Here the post about problems with small alternative solution (but if they don't work we do wait an up):

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/Mac-Origin-Connection-and-Library-Issues/m-p/7...

If we have answer to your uqestion please accept solution Standard smile.

Message 2 of 5 (316 Views)

★★ Novice

None of those solutions has worked. I'm still unable to play my game in peace. I'm so disappointed with Origin and the lack of solutions, to get people back on their accounts.

Message 3 of 5 (287 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@C0sme89 I too had this issue. And i tried eveeerrything to fix it too.

There is a temporary solution. Uninstall the new origin and reinstall an old version. Its the best thing I've found so far. You can grab it HERE >> https://filehippo.com/download_origin/post_download/

* Uncheck "Keep Origin and my games up to date" when you install it.
* DO NOT EXIT the client, just close it. Make sure you check "Keep me signed in" when you sign in
* By-pass Origin to play your games. Once game are installed, you will have to Right-Click on them and select "Run as Administrator" on your desktop or where ever you have them downloaded, to by-pass Origin harassing you about the (broken) critical update..

Again, its just a temporary fix, and I hope Origin addresses it soon. But. At least it lets you get back to your gamesStandard smile
Message 4 of 5 (272 Views)

★★ Novice

Is this a one time use? Meaning if I shut down my computer and come back tomorrow, will it still work?

Message 5 of 5 (249 Views)