Re: Origin Installer Error

by Stev_1C

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin Installer Error

★★★★ Novice

Hello, I am currently having issues installing the origin client, earlier when I tried launching the setup exe it I was prompted with the error that MSVCP140.dll was missing, and VCRUNTIME140.dll. since then based on some research, I've installed the latest Microsoft visual files (2015-2019) that are listed on the Microsoft website. After that It still didn't work. I did some more looking, and found a suggestion to put MSVCP140.dll and VCRUNTIME140.dll into the SysWOW64 folder, so I created copies of the two files, and put them inside SysWOW64. After doing this, those errors don't appear anymore, but a new one which says "the application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application.". And that's the current state of things, I'm stuck at this point, unable to install origin, help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Message 1 of 23 (6,269 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Kent 

Hey Kent, so as it turns out I was able to resolve the issue by going to the Microsoft website and also downloading the (x86) version of microsoft visual c++ 2015-2019 , originally I had only downloaded the (x64) version, but getting both made it work. I have now installed the origin client.

Thank you for your help!

-Stev

View in thread

Message 8 of 23 (6,095 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @Stev_1C

When you have a chance can you try running the Windows System File Checker to see if that helps at all? It might be able to help restore the missing .dll files so Origin can launch. 

You can find more info on how to run it over at the Microsoft Support Website. Let me know how it goes when you can. 

Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 23 (6,200 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hello! thank you for responding @EA_Kent 

So I ran the commands, and it resulted in  "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.", so it seems that the files needed are in their place, I've also checked the system 32 folder for the two files it said it was missing earlier, and they are there. So I don't think missing files are the problem

Also, if this has any relevance, by system has two drives, a main SSD and a secondary larger Hard Drive

Thanks, 

-Stev

Message 3 of 23 (6,184 Views)

Community Manager

@Stev_1C 

Thanks for giving that a shot. Do you have Origin installed on the main SSD or is installed on the secondary drive?

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 23 (6,176 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Kent 

"OriginThinSetup" Is currently on my main SSD Downloads folder

and it prompts the  (0xc000007b) error messege when opened

It was on my Hard Drive earlier, which gave the same message

-Stev

Message 5 of 23 (6,163 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I have the same problem

what should I do

Message 6 of 23 (6,160 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just want to play sims

Message 7 of 23 (6,154 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Kent 

Hey Kent, so as it turns out I was able to resolve the issue by going to the Microsoft website and also downloading the (x86) version of microsoft visual c++ 2015-2019 , originally I had only downloaded the (x64) version, but getting both made it work. I have now installed the origin client.

Thank you for your help!

-Stev

Message 8 of 23 (6,096 Views)

Community Manager

@Stev_1C 

Gotcha, thanks for letting me know you were able to get it fixed!

@5440107 

Have you had a chance to try any of the steps that were mentioned above? It sounds like you might be missing these same .dll files. Downloading the Visual C++ Redistributable should help get this fixed for you. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 9 of 23 (6,009 Views)

no way to run OriginThinSetup.exe - 0xc000007b - Error

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hey Origin support,

can we get a statement from you on how to fix this 0xc000007b error when running your OriginThinSetup.exe?
I don't seem to be the only one having this problem - the forums on the internet are full of users complaining about it.

- I have (for the third time now) set up a brand new "Win10 pro 1909 x64". (Nothing else installed!!)
- I have installed all Windows updates
- Got that . Net Framework 3.5 installed from the Windows Features
- Have Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable installed

Now when I run your OriginThinSetup.exe I first got the message that "msvcp140.dll and vcruntime140.dll" are missing. After I copied them from System32 to the SysWOW64 directory, I  keep receiving the 0xc000007b error message, when trying to install.

I am able to install any other software (like an alternative browser or a virus scan)

It can't be that difficult to fix this bug in your application, can it? You are earning a lot of money with the games you offer. So it would be nice, to get this sorted out for your customers!

And please do not give me any tips that are listed here (https://geeksadvice.com/fix-the-application-was-unable-to-start-correctly-0xc000007b-error/). I have tried them all 3 times in the last 2 days.
Just take a computer, install a fresh Windows10_x64 on it and try to install your application yourself!
thanks a lot
Newbi (a really angry user!!!)

Message 10 of 23 (5,989 Views)