Origin In-Game Will NOT Turn off!

by STOPchris

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin In-Game Will NOT Turn off!

★★★★ Apprentice

I'm getting irate, just like with almost everything EA! The Origin in-game overlay will NOT turn off! I verified it was off in the settings, but it still turns on in games. I then went to the game's properties and the Origin in-game is checked, for ALL OF MY GAMES! So, I decide to go and un-check them thinking it will work. It does work, but then next time I start Origin IT IS BACK ON! Funny thing is, I looked around here and all of the threads are marked "answered" that have this issue, even though they were NOT answered... 

Message 1 of 14 (11,137 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin In-Game Will NOT Turn off!

Community Manager

Hey @STOPchris if you have Origin in Game enabled when you load the game you can't disable it while the game is open. Once the game is closed down you should be able to go into Origin --> Application settings --> Origin in Game and from there you can uncheck the enable Origin in game box.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 14 (11,044 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @STOPchris if you have Origin in Game enabled when you load the game you can't disable it while the game is open. Once the game is closed down you should be able to go into Origin --> Application settings --> Origin in Game and from there you can uncheck the enable Origin in game box.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 14 (11,045 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@EA_Darko If only, sadly this is not the case. Program open or closed, no difference is made by turning Origin in-game off.
Message 3 of 14 (10,556 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same issue. The overlay is disabled both in Origin settings and for individual games. Nothing helps, it just won't go away. I've already tried clearing cache, reinstalling Origin, and switching to the beta version.

Message 4 of 14 (10,531 Views)

★★★ Expert

This problem with Origin may be caused by other overlays / programs running in the background, such as: Team viewer, DISCORD, MSI Afterburner and possible antivirus applications and other programs that can block Origin!

CLEAN BOOT

If you are not sure if anything else can work in the background try clean boot - INSTRUCTION - CLEAN BOOT

Fingers Crossed! Fingers crossed

Message 5 of 14 (10,519 Views)

★★ Novice

Um, thanks for the suggestion, but that's not the problem discussed here. Nothing's blocking Origin, the overlay is working fine, there's just no way to turn it off. It's disabled in Origin settings and in each game's properties, yet shows up on launch anyway.

Message 6 of 14 (10,503 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I think it has to due with the game running through steam.

I got burnout paradise remastered on there and I've tried everything to turn off the overlay and nothing works.

Reinstalling the game, origin itself, and clearing origin cache won't fix it.

Message 7 of 14 (10,368 Views)

★★★ Novice
@demons350z yes!
I believe so too.
it keeps happening with my steam games
and i think the overlay is causing bfv to crash.
they say, turn it off.
but i can't turn it off!
Message 8 of 14 (10,335 Views)

★ Novice

I am having the same issue! It says it’s locked because restricted access mode is turned on, but it isn’t. EA needs to sort their * out

Message 9 of 14 (9,813 Views)

★★ Novice
@LightningThug how did you fix this? im having the same issue ;-;
Message 10 of 14 (9,011 Views)