Re: Origin High CPU usage

by Flavoured_Clown

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin High CPU usage

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hey guys,

I have a problem with my Origin running with high CPU. This happened quite some time ago and usually fixed with a restart of the Origin launcher but now nothing works. I get 35-40% of CPU usage from Origin and the store always shows  "Temporarily Unavailable". I could launch my games and play them online(such as StarWars Battlefront), but with the high Origin CPU usage, it has degraded my game quality in terms of FPS. I attached a screenshot showing the problem. I have tried reinstalling origin but it does not seem to have worked. 

Other info:

> I believe Origin is installed in C:\ drive and games in X:\ drive. C is 240gb ssd for OS and small apps and X is 2TB HDD

> Windows 10 Pro (with deferred updates)

PC specs:

>CPU: i5 6600K OC to 4.6ghz

>GPU: STRIX R9 390X OC to 1120mhz

>RAM: G.Skill ripjaws V 16gb at 2666mhz

>Corsair RM750, 750W PSU.

Well, I don't think my pc is incompatible with the games or running origin. 

EDIT1: I found some kind of a workaround when starting origin, I picked to go to my games instead of store which seem to work. It seems the store is the problem but its weird, I can download games all fine and I can open the store on chrome. Could it be my network?

Message 1 of 71 (123,058 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@TamaskanHusky Hi,

Start the game, tab out, and then click on Origin (top left corner) and open the application settings. Just leave that window open in the background and tab back to your game.

The CPU usage should now drop to a normal level.

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers,

Nils

View in thread

Message 2 of 71 (127,709 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@TamaskanHusky Hi,

Start the game, tab out, and then click on Origin (top left corner) and open the application settings. Just leave that window open in the background and tab back to your game.

The CPU usage should now drop to a normal level.

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 2 of 71 (127,710 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Thanks!! That actually works. The store loads up again. I guess this is more of a workaround because store stops after game closed.

Message 3 of 71 (122,915 Views)

Community Manager

@TamaskanHusky Hi again,

Glad to hear it is working for you.

Yes, but a work around should do the trick for now until we can get this fixed in a future release of the client.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 4 of 71 (122,904 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Testing my system and it doesn't matter if I'm on the store page of the client or the library, my gpu base and memory clocks go from 139/400mhz to 1500/4000 respectively. Running a gtx1070 on driver 375.70

To me that is unacceptable for a game client sitting at desktop.

Message 5 of 71 (122,788 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero VII - Intel i7-4790k - GTX 960

Intel 750 Pcie SSD - Kingston Hyper X Savage

that made Absolutely No difference. my CPU is screaming at constant 77*C.

i have all the latest updates for everything on a fresh install of Windows 7 Pro.

good thing for me that Origin access is free because had i spent Money ..........

Message 6 of 71 (120,908 Views)

★★ Novice

trying to load origin is maxing out CPU, it never loads

making my PC unstable 

I game everyday, this is not normal

Message 7 of 71 (113,755 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Just installed the Origin app and it does same for me ....will not open ....just hogging up cpu... I had to un-install it... just paid 5 bucks for Sims 4... regretting it now

Message 8 of 71 (113,724 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Newbie
I got the same issue
Message 9 of 71 (113,184 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Having same issue where EA Origin won't start and is consuming 70-90% resources. Sick and tired of messing around with it to want to play. Sucks as I have many purchased games that I can't play. Had to just uninstall Origins for now until there's a fix. I can't have it running at Desktop eating all my cpu and spinning my fans up to high for nothing. 

Message 10 of 71 (111,402 Views)