Origin Helper tool loop

by hazeldowling

Original Post

Origin Helper tool loop

★★ Novice

Origin stuck on helper tool loop. I tried downloading the origin reset tool, it did nothing. deleted it completely off my macbook and reinstalled it, and nothing. i read old forums and followed directions, but nothing! everytime i open origin it says install helper tool and then nothing happens! it gets stuck in a loop.

Message 1 of 5 (1,256 Views)

Re: Origin Helper tool loop

@hazeldowling  Please make sure you're entering the password for your Mac, not for Origin.  Your computer is asking if you want to grant permission to install the helper tool, for which it needs the approval (i.e. password) of an admin account.

If that doesn't help, please post in this thread:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/Mac-Permission-to-install-Helper-Tool-error-20...

It would also be very helpful if you could run the script linked in the marked solution (second post from the top on page 1).  It's still not clear why this happens, but more information is always useful.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 5 (1,245 Views)

★★ Novice

Just got it to work finally! I just downloaded an older version of origin and replaced the new with the old and I’m downloading a new game as we speak. 

Message 3 of 5 (1,148 Views)

Community Manager

Great to hear that you got it sorted @sailorhendrix.

Enjoy your gaming.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 5 (1,134 Views)

★ Apprentice

Were did you get the older version of Origin

Message 5 of 5 (1,084 Views)