Re: Origin Games folder missing

by TheLocalTroll

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin Games folder missing

★★★★ Novice

The "Origin Games" folder where your games are supposed to be stored is missing in my computer, and instead my games download on a folder in a different drive called "Apex Legends" even though I have previously uninstalled the game. I have tried multiple times to delete this folder to try and make origin create the "Origin Games" folder, but the Apex Legends folder keep reappearing, and when I try to download games on this predetermined folder, I am unable to install aditional content for my games. 

Message 1 of 3 (1,728 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Guide

@ThatSingularity 

Did you make sure that the installation folder in settings is not set to that Apex folder? I believe Origin will auto create the folder that is set as installation folder and/or installation cache folder in settings if the folders are deleted.

Also if the settings are correct (changed to the "origin" folder you are mentioning) in settings then clear Origin cache to see if it helps.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

But Origin is a hot mess and have been since they launched the EA desktop beta client (at least for me). I have so many issues every time I start Origin its not funny anymore so it might just be yet another bug with Origin you are encountering.

But just check your settings and clear cache as the first steps.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (1,699 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Guide

@ThatSingularity 

Did you make sure that the installation folder in settings is not set to that Apex folder? I believe Origin will auto create the folder that is set as installation folder and/or installation cache folder in settings if the folders are deleted.

Also if the settings are correct (changed to the "origin" folder you are mentioning) in settings then clear Origin cache to see if it helps.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

But Origin is a hot mess and have been since they launched the EA desktop beta client (at least for me). I have so many issues every time I start Origin its not funny anymore so it might just be yet another bug with Origin you are encountering.

But just check your settings and clear cache as the first steps.

Message 2 of 3 (1,700 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks, I have accessed other forums and by starting origin as administrator and then changing the installation folder in settings to a new Origin Games folder I have manually created now I can actually download games on the proper file, thanks for the help

Message 3 of 3 (1,695 Views)