Origin Games Won't launch

by doctorquest_315

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin Games Won't launch

★★★ Novice

Games won't launch on origin. For the past few months, my games on origin will not launch. The origin tab will minimize but then pop right back up with no error code given. I've tried reinstalling origin and the games multiple times and doing everything that the support told me to do, to no avail. However, when logged into a different windows user, the games launch with no problems whatsoever. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Message 1 of 6 (494 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin Games Won't launch

Community Manager

Hey @doctorquest_315 if the games launch on a different Admin account then this points to an issue with your primary one. 

The best thing to do may be to use a different account as otherwise you will need to find what is causing the issue on your main account which can take some time.

A clean install of your OS can also help.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (463 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @doctorquest_315 if the games launch on a different Admin account then this points to an issue with your primary one. 

The best thing to do may be to use a different account as otherwise you will need to find what is causing the issue on your main account which can take some time.

A clean install of your OS can also help.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 6 (464 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Im having the same problem. Imagine having games and not being able to play them for NO REASON WHAT SO EVER THAN THE TRASH COMPANY ORIGIN AND EA ARE.

Message 3 of 6 (454 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @GWillikerz357 when posting on AHQ please do so in a polite and constructive manner.

If you are having the same issue as the OP then this means that you are not in fact having an issue with EA games but rather your Windows Admin account.

Do your games work if you log into a different account?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 6 (448 Views)

★★★ Novice

I was digging around in the origin files and discovered this in the debug log. [0609/185634:WARNING:resource_bundle_qt.cpp(114)] locale_file_path.empty() for locale. This was repeated a total of 10 times. I attached this below. I was talking with some others, and they are feeling that it has something to do with my DirectX not hooking with the game properly, but I dug into this a little and came up empty-handed.

Message 5 of 6 (429 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @doctorquest_315 a clean install of your OS or else using the other admin account is generally the best thing to do in a situation such as this. Otherwise it is a case of doing quite a bit of troubleshooting till you can find the root of the issue.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 6 (362 Views)