Origin Game update failure: Windows blocked our attempt to download game content

by khaal-_-Dr0g0

Original Post

Re: Origin Game update failure: Windows blocked our attempt to download game con

★★★ Newbie

I try downloading origin and it blocks it from downloading how do I get my game I just Payed for??

Message 41 of 49 (949 Views)

Re: Origin Game update failure: Windows blocked our attempt to download game con

★★★★★ Newbie

there is no origin client service or origin web helper service plzzzzzzzzzz hlp

Message 42 of 49 (910 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@SilverFoxx44 there is no Origin Client Service & Origin Web Helper Service plz hlp
Message 43 of 49 (910 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@SilverFoxx44 there is no Origin Client Service & Origin Web Helper Service plz hlp i am trying to fixed from 4 hours
Message 44 of 49 (904 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@SilverFoxx44 plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz hlppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp
Message 45 of 49 (899 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Silverfoxx44 wrote this on the previous page.

"msconfig is a configuration utility. if you press your windows key (or start menu) and type "msconfig" into the search bar you should get the app. Then follow the instruction I typed previously.

Alternatively, you can run this from the command prompt or even the origin interface.

From Origin: at the top right (Origin-->Application Settings-->
-->Automatic game updates (disable by clicking on the green button on the right)
-->Origin Helper Service (disable, same way)

The command prompt is just another way to do it if interested. You'd have to run as administrator and it's likely just easier to do it the other ways mentioned."

Has anyone had a solution for MAC?

Message 46 of 49 (831 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@SilverFoxx44 I went into the system configuration as you stated but there is only Origin Web Helper Service. Is there another way to get to the Origin Client to disable it? Or some other way to fix the download issue?
Message 47 of 49 (759 Views)

★ Novice

where do you type this?

Message 48 of 49 (699 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How do you do it on Mac

@SilverFoxx44 wrote:

type msconfig>Services select "Hide all microsoft services" box at the bottom and disable (uncheck) Origin Client Service & Origin Web Helper Service. Restart PC

Message 49 of 49 (666 Views)