Origin Game update failure: Windows blocked our attempt to download game content

by khaal-_-Dr0g0

Original Post

Re: Origin Game update failure: Windows blocked our attempt to download game con

★★★★★ Newbie
@SilverFoxx44 thanks, OMG that worked Standard smile
Message 11 of 49 (1,339 Views)

Re: Origin Game update failure: Windows blocked our attempt to download game con

★ Novice

Thank you so much. This was the only thing that worked for me. Now everything downloads correctly. Thanks again.

Message 12 of 49 (1,313 Views)

★ Novice
@SilverFoxx44 I don't know how that works, but it worked for me. Thank you so much.
Message 13 of 49 (1,283 Views)

★★★ Novice

OMG! Thank you so much! Fixed my Origin, I have been trying many things, and this was the only thing that worked! THANKS! :D

Message 14 of 49 (1,269 Views)

★ Novice
@SilverFoxx44 This worked for me as well after all other solutions failed.
Message 15 of 49 (1,228 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@SilverFoxx44 where do i need to do this???
Message 16 of 49 (1,206 Views)

★ Apprentice
@FabulousFoxes msconfig is a configuration utility. if you press your windows key (or start menu) and type "msconfig" into the search bar you should get the app. Then follow the instruction I typed previously.

Alternatively, you can run this from the command prompt or even the origin interface.

From Origin: at the top right (Origin-->Application Settings-->
-->Automatic game updates (disable be clicking on the green button on the right)
-->Origin Helper Service (disable, same way)

The command prompt is just another way to do it if interested. You'd have to run as administrator and it's likely just easier to do it the other ways mentioned.
Message 17 of 49 (1,196 Views)

★★★ Newbie

thanks for the info man!

Message 18 of 49 (1,166 Views)

★★ Novice
@SilverFoxx44 Awesome it worked! thx!
Message 19 of 49 (1,068 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks a lot it works 

Message 20 of 49 (1,006 Views)