Re: Origin Error “Sign in is currently unavailable”

by esplodingmunkies

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin Error “Sign in is currently unavailable”

★★★★★ Novice

I go to the Origin website and click sign in. Then the error pops up. (Image of the error attached) Any ideas how to sign in?

Additional information:

iPad mini 5

iOS version 14.6 (32-bit)

Chrome for iOS version 91.0.4472.80 (32-bit) (Engine: WebKit)

Message 1 of 14 (3,656 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hi @MIfoodie

It looks like the Origin website should be up and running. I just tried logging into my own account, and I didn't run into any issues. 

If you're still having trouble can you try clearing your browser cache to see if that helps? There might be something in the cached data that's causing the login error you've been seeing. If you're still having any trouble logging in after that please let me know. 

Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 14 (3,631 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi @MIfoodie

It looks like the Origin website should be up and running. I just tried logging into my own account, and I didn't run into any issues. 

If you're still having trouble can you try clearing your browser cache to see if that helps? There might be something in the cached data that's causing the login error you've been seeing. If you're still having any trouble logging in after that please let me know. 

Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 14 (3,632 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Thanks @EA_Kent!
I think I must have signed in at one point and broke something with Google 🤨
-@MIfoodie 

Message 3 of 14 (3,621 Views)

Community Manager

@MIfoodie 

Were you able to get logged back in? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 14 (3,584 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having this same problem, just reset my cache probably 1/2 dozen times, thinking I was doing it wrong, sat on hold with tech support for 30 minutes thinking it was my login was the issue, deleted origin and reinstalled it, all to no avail, please help

Message 5 of 14 (3,478 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @esplodingmunkies

If you're trying to log in on a PC can you try setting up a Clean Boot to see if that helps? If there's something blocking the connection to the Origin servers that may help to get around it. 

You can find more information on how to set up a Clean Boot at the EA Help website. Once you're able to give that a try please let me know if it helps. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 6 of 14 (3,452 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I am still having problems with my sign in, with a new account I can log in no problem, but having spent large amounts of money on this current account, I need to be able to play on this one, I get the feeling you have put a hold on my account for some reason, please help me out, I am getting super frustrated

Message 7 of 14 (3,412 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi! 

I am trying to sign into my account on origin but it won't let me. it says there was an error and to try again later. this has been happening since yesterday, is the website down? I have a MacBook Air just bought last week. I have already reset everything since getting the error screen 

Message 8 of 14 (3,262 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @kendall234 that error can mean that there is a ban on your account, I'd recommend speaking with our TOS team to see if this is the case.

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact us at the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 9 of 14 (3,239 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

For anyone that is having trouble installing the origin downloader you need to use the latest version of internet explorer aka microsoft edge. Spent 20 minutes going to this link and that link doing this and that to my pc, to thinking to my self what are the requirements just for the origin installer and at the very bottom latest version of internet explorer!! Come on techical support!!!

[Edited by CM]

Message 10 of 14 (3,157 Views)