Re: Origin Download progression resetting

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin Download progression resetting

★★★ Novice

I'm not sure if this is a origin problem, or windows problem?

My PC is running Windows 10.

Origin seems to have a problem where the download progression keeps resetting. i.e. it can be at 10% and then all of a sudden it jumps back to 2%. There is a known work around but sometimes it gets to only a few megabytes before resetting again (between 428 and 410 on a looping cycle). And I'm not going to save a copy of every 20MB of progress the download makes on a 50GB game.

This is on a few games, including BF1, BF3, BF4, BF5. Although it first showed in the latest BF5 update. Then I decided to download the other games again since I couldn't get BFV to work. 

It does this for updates and downloads. I've tried everything on the forums, including resetting my ENTIRE SYSTEM and files and it let me download the update for BF5 but then the issue just came back after a while and is still a problem. Before I also tried:

1. Resetting the origin cache.

2. Reinstalling origin.

3. Moving games files and install locations.

4. Having the BETA version of origin.

5. Checking the "safe-downloads" option.

I've been on a few different forums and they all just try and shove the same answer in your face with no solution.

This has been a problem since 2013? How is this not fixed yet?

Message 1 of 7 (4,247 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Community Manager

Sorry to say but your UO Trace is showing a number of issues @ChittyChickin. For starters you have packet loss of 1% on  a number of hops and 2% on one hope, this is not good and will cause issues. You also have some very high ping times and your Ping best/Worst is way above what is normal. Any difference of 100ms or more is cause for concern and you have differences of over 200ms and as highs as 700ms on one.

Best thing you can do is speak with your ISP and see what they can recommend.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (4,107 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @ChittyChickin. Generally, this issue is caused by something blocking Origin.

The best thing to do is take a couple of minutes and ensure that the following ports are open and nothing is blocking Origin.

• Firewalls and Internet Security Software: Make sure that you’ve added the Origin client as an exception to any Firewalls or other Internet Security Software, like Ad-Block, you may have running so that your connection to our servers isn’t blocked.
  • Your software may even have some Internet ports blocked. If so, the following are used by the Origin client and must be open for a smooth connection:
    • TCP: 80; 443; 9960-9969; 1024-1124; 3216; 18000; 18120; 18060; 27900; 28910; 29900
    • UDP: 1024-1124; 18000; 29900

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 7 (4,221 Views)

★★★ Novice
Thanks for the reply but this was not a solution. I tried adding the ports you mentioned and still the same thing. Tried removing some programs and disabling all security and no difference.

I even tried resetting my PC AGAIN, installed the latest build of windows 10, and then adding the ports again and nothing. I download for 5 hours, and it progressed to 32Gigs, and then 10 minutes later its 746MB.

Nice...

Its only a problem on origin, steam downloads perfectly. Is there no way to download the updated version somewhere else and have origin locate the game files?
Its sad because I love the BF franchise, even sadder that I bought BF4 after running into the problem updating BFV, just for it to not let me download BF4. So i spent that money for nothing.

I'm decided to not bother with origin anymore, its pointless.
Message 3 of 7 (4,184 Views)

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that the issue is ongoing for you @ChittyChickin.

I tested it there again and it was downloading quite fast for me. Would you mind taking a minute or three to run a UO Trace so that I can take a look at your connection?

You can find the steps to run the UO Trace here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

Once you have it done just upload it to this thread.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 7 (4,170 Views)

★★★ Novice

Okay so I did what you said on my typical location.

Message 5 of 7 (4,131 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

Sorry to say but your UO Trace is showing a number of issues @ChittyChickin. For starters you have packet loss of 1% on  a number of hops and 2% on one hope, this is not good and will cause issues. You also have some very high ping times and your Ping best/Worst is way above what is normal. Any difference of 100ms or more is cause for concern and you have differences of over 200ms and as highs as 700ms on one.

Best thing you can do is speak with your ISP and see what they can recommend.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 7 (4,108 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@ChittyChickin even i have the same problem when downloading apex
Message 7 of 7 (3,628 Views)