Re: Origin Doesn't Show ANY of my Purchased Games

by Redspired

Original Post

Origin Doesn't Show ANY of my Purchased Games

★ Novice

I just uninstalled all of my sims 4 packs and origin itself, because I wasn't able to update sims 4 at all to uninstall the new witch pack. After doing all this and finally reopening Origin it says it cannot load my library at this time. What does that even mean? I've spent all this time and money to not be able to play the games. I even made a new user on my computer and tried it that way, but it didn't work either. I've exhausted all of my ideas and I'm honestly crestfallen. Can anyone help?

Message 1 of 5 (319 Views)

@Redspired  Does your computer run Windows or macOS, and which version?  (To check on a Mac, click the Apple icon in the upper left corner of your screen and select About This Mac.)

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 5 (303 Views)

★ Novice

The version is 10.10.5, but the games were loading on my computer just a couple days ago. 

Message 3 of 5 (251 Views)

@Redspired  Even if the games themselves were working, Origin doesn't run properly on Yosemite.  The best thing to do is to install a legacy version of Origin instead.  First though, do a clean uninstall to remove all traces of the current version of Origin from your computer.  Here's how:

https://bluebellflora.com/how-to-uninstall-origin-on-a-mac/

You can download the legacy version from here:

https://www.dm.origin.com/mac/download/legacy

When installing, be sure to uncheck the box to automatically keep Origin and your games up to date, or else Origin will update itself to the current, nonworking version.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 5 (246 Views)

★ Novice

I had someone contact me from origin. I have a mac, but he had m download a legacy version. I'm just really confused by it all, but as long as I can play and I have my expansion packs I am happy. 

Message 5 of 5 (241 Views)