Origin Crashes My Computer

by Chingharrison

Original Post

Re: Origin Crashes My Computer

★★ Novice

Since the last update , when ever i tried to launch bf4 a window popped up saying windows detected a problem and will close the program.....this happened on the 17 th of may and i have still not found a fix from ANY forum for this....i have resorted to un-installing bf4 from my pc completely and reloading it AGAIN....lo and behold the same * is still happening.....i don't have the origin problem BUT i can play bf3 with out any hassles....just impossible to play bf4....

i am now in the process of re-installing bf4...believe me i will make a stink on any platform i can IF this game still does not work after this.....

Message 21 of 81 (5,267 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I don't blame you. It's ridiculous.

I had to manually uninstall it and reinstall.

I mean go through every nook and cranny of my PC and remove all traces of Origin.

It pisses me off when a patch or update breaks a game and they ignore it for months or years.

Message 22 of 81 (5,265 Views)

★ Novice

So after an hour of my life, during which I thought, that I have threw 75 Euros out a window (DA:I) I have finally got through to open the Origin, after it froze my computer like 5 or 6 times. What helped (I guess) I turned off my AVG program and turned on the Origin, it froze my computer I've decided that another hard restart was in order, but I (Miraculously or mistakenly [your pick]) just put my laptop to sleep mode, when I woke it up, Origin was running and allowed me log in a start a game download. I am glad that I have turned off automatic start up with windows, otherwise I'd be screwed. I am not giving you a solution just my situation.

Message 23 of 81 (5,257 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I had that too but run ccleaner and uninstall origin when the uninstaller crashes your computer just leave it and wait for a while. It will take some time so just do something to kill time. ( Only try this if you want to uninstall origin. It worked for me tho)

Message 24 of 81 (5,176 Views)

★★★ Newbie
PLEASE HELP I CANT EVEN RUN THE CLIENT I A, LITERALLY CRYING I NEED TO UNINSTALL THIS FROM MY COMPUTER PLEASE HELP ME!!
Message 25 of 81 (5,102 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@LoxxieBoxx  i think you can try a Clean Boot In this case...

-you need to press the key combination: “Windows Key + R”;
In the “Run” window, type the message “msconfig” without quotes;
-you need to left click on the “OK” button;
Select “General” tab, from the toolbar and chose the feature called “ Selective startup”;
-uncheck the box found in the left of the message: “ Load startup items”;
Select “Service” tab, from the toolbar;
-check the box in the left of message: “Hide all Microsoft services”;
Left click on the “Disable all” button, found on the lower-right side of the window;
Left click on the “OK” button;
-a new message box will prompt on your display. Left click on the “Restart” button in order to restart your operating system.

NOTE save any open files and close all programs before restarting your computer.

And now  run the setup file Origin with Admin rights  http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-do-i-run-a-program-or-a-game-as-an-administrator/#2

Greetings

@yahel_1

I am just a gamer wich trying to help another gamer.
I do not work for EA.

Spoiler
It's not enough to do your best. First you have to know what you're doing, THEN you have to do your best.
My Opinion is no more important or right than yours.- Ask, and it shall be given you.

Retired champion.
Message 26 of 81 (5,092 Views)

★ Novice
I ran origin as administrator and my computer still froze so I had no choice but to reboot my computer. the only way I truly fixed this issue is by wiping my drive.
Message 27 of 81 (4,819 Views)

★ Novice

even when I try to run origin as administrator it doesn't work please give me more advice

Message 28 of 81 (4,633 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same here freezing and i found a solution manually remove origin and never use it again

Message 29 of 81 (4,587 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Okay. None of this is working. I've tried it all. Talked to 2 reps, same advice. Guess ill just wait for a freakin' miracle. 3 hours of my life wasted.
Message 30 of 81 (4,573 Views)