Origin Crashes My Computer

by Chingharrison

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin Crashes My Computer

★★★★ Novice

Every time I touch anything related to Origin, it freezes my computer. Trying to launch it, trying to uninstall it, even right clicking it completely crashes my PC. I've tried installing it again directly from the website, but that froze my laptop too. Any help would be much appreciated.

Message 1 of 81 (73,735 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin Crashes My Computer

★★★★★ Expert

Run Origin as Administrator:
Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin and right click on Origin.exe and go to properties. Then go to compatibility tab and check the box next to RUN AS ADMIN.

Disable Origin in game:
In Origin - Application settings - Origin in Game - disable Origin in game

Origin Cloud Storage turn it off
Origin, settings, General

Reboot PC then try to open Origin

If this fails to fix it then try this....

Please update your Origin client to the latest Beta version (top left Origin menu, Application Settings - General) Then reboot PC and try again.

Retired champion.

View in thread

Message 4 of 81 (79,473 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert
Message 2 of 81 (73,653 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I tried all of this, and the reinstalled version Origin still freezes my computer every time I try to launch it

Message 3 of 81 (73,638 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Run Origin as Administrator:
Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin and right click on Origin.exe and go to properties. Then go to compatibility tab and check the box next to RUN AS ADMIN.

Disable Origin in game:
In Origin - Application settings - Origin in Game - disable Origin in game

Origin Cloud Storage turn it off
Origin, settings, General

Reboot PC then try to open Origin

If this fails to fix it then try this....

Please update your Origin client to the latest Beta version (top left Origin menu, Application Settings - General) Then reboot PC and try again.

Retired champion.
Message 4 of 81 (79,474 Views)

★★ Novice

I just noticed that I have the exact same problem. My computer froze when I tried to launch Origin (a few times) and I had to restart it. I then decided to uninstall Origin through the Control Panel but guess what? My laptop froze while I was uninstalling it.

Please help.

Message 5 of 81 (73,465 Views)

★★ Novice

I am also having this problem. When I click Origin or a origin related game it freezes my computer to where I have to manually shut it down.  Its not an overload of RAM or anything because there were no programs running in the background. I had tried 5 times and every time I had to result to shutting my laptop down through the power button. I finally got so frustrated I decided to uninstall it and the uninstall froze. This is extremely frustrating! Is there any way to fix it? I use an Asus 64-bit that runs Windows 8. Any help would be appreciated!

Message 6 of 81 (73,344 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice
Same exact problem here... Identical. Help would be great. I can't even perform the "solution" as my system freezes up upon reboot within a minute. I've done a system restore and reinstalled a few times... Computer freezes up within a minute after install. Like one person said, you can't even uninstall without a freeze... System restore is the only option. Very frustrating.
Message 7 of 81 (73,293 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

To uninstall Origin uses this program  http://www.revouninstaller.com/  is extremely easy to use.

Retired champion.
Message 8 of 81 (73,284 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks for the tip for the uninstall. Ultimately, I would really love to be able to open Origin and install the game I just bought a code for. Anyone with info on this problem?

Message 9 of 81 (73,272 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

we're welcome:cathappy:

For your,, game code'', shall do so...click on Origin/ click on Redeem Product code... insert your product cod and click Next.

Retired champion.
Message 10 of 81 (73,269 Views)