Origin Cloud Sync deleted saved game data in Dragon Age Inquisition.

by thehumble01

Original Post

Re: Origin Cloud Sync deleted saved game data in Dragon Age Inquisition.

★★★★★ Novice

Yeah, this worked for me too. Crisis cancelled.

Message 81 of 99 (1,270 Views)

★★★ Novice

I just installed DA:I on my new PC and can't access cloud save files. Any ideas how to get them?

Message 82 of 99 (1,117 Views)

Community Manager

@benjaymine

Have you tried the Restore Save option as per the solution post on this thread?

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Origin-Cloud-Sync-deleted-saved-game-data-in-Dragon-Age/m-...

barry.png
Message 83 of 99 (1,111 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes. I have only the option to restore local saves, which I don't have because this is a new PC.

Message 84 of 99 (1,102 Views)

Community Manager

@benjaymine

Are you logging into the same account as previously?

barry.png
Message 85 of 99 (1,084 Views)

★★★ Novice

Of course.

Message 86 of 99 (1,071 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hi. i have a problem,plz help me! I play fifa17 on computer and laptop when i star origin always show local data so i can choose file of computer or file of laptop ( beacause i play another team  in) but now when i star origin in laptop i just see cloud data,and just have only file of computer. Can u help me to show again local data not cloud data like now. tks so much

Message 87 of 99 (1,003 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey, so I have had this problem too. I got a new PC and downloaded Origin and DA:I onto it. I wanted to be able to continue where I left off before, and so it was very disappointing to go on and see that I had no saves. I had 166 hours played with my previous character. To lose it all is very frustrating. I thought the cloud sync would work, it didn't. Nor do I have any local saves. I looked at my old PC and tried transferring whatever saves it appeared to have. Nothing, except for the new character I made on my new PC. I followed someone's suggestion to restore previous saves and have now lost my new character, which I had put at least 6 hours in. Any suggestions or am I doomed to make a new one and start all over again?

Message 88 of 99 (974 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

The exact same thing happened to me. Because there were no local files Origin asked if I want the cloud to overwrite local files. I chose no as I didn't want to loose any files basically. Result no file imported at all and 130 + hrs of game-play gone with the  wind. No option to restore fix/ choose save game files from cloud. I swear to God I never once had this issue with steam.  Did anyone form tech support get back to you on this?

Message 89 of 99 (943 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Upon finishing a game last night, I was greeted with the message that the save game was corrupted. This message appeared a dozen times then after saying the old file would be deleted.

Eventually the game started as if it was a fresh game. Thinking this was part of the process of renewing the saved games from the cloud I carried on, then exited.

Now if I try to renew the files from the cloud, I just end up at square one, because the cloud has updated the last exit point where there are no save games.

Is there any way of retrieving games prior to the last save, as in by date ? as I am sure that the save data must be there, given the Origin cloud file space does show as if the saves are there.

No local content exists for some reason. No idea if a Windows 10 update has not screwed up the last saves, as I shut the game down then exited windows to be greeted with a Win 10 update message.

Message 90 of 99 (854 Views)