Origin Cloud Sync deleted saved game data in Dragon Age Inquisition.

by thehumble01

Original Post

Re: Origin Cloud Sync deleted saved game data in Dragon Age Inquisition.

Community Manager

@Breaux2000 Thanks for letting us know what worked for you, much appreciated!

Have fun in Glass. Standard smile

Message 71 of 99 (1,309 Views)

★★ Novice

Yeah, I'm having a very similar problem, only ALL of my saved files are gone and the option to restore any saved files are gone! That was 88 hours of gameplay now missing with the only option to make a new game....I tried going to the Origin Storage to see if I could restore last saved game, and I tried hitting the option to repair the game without any result. Anyone know anyway to get that data back?

((And I really.....REALLY don't want to start a new game and repeat 88 hours worth of exploration and dialogue again.))

Message 72 of 99 (1,293 Views)

★ Novice

@EA_Nils

Thank you, but this has not enabled the "Restore save" button, and I am hoping you know how to enable it?

Message 73 of 99 (1,251 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi, I'm having the same issue and not even the restore save button has worked. Any ideas?

Message 74 of 99 (1,239 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What I did to get around this problem without loosing my Character (which with the sync problem has completely gone) was disable cloud stoarge. Once the game and hence computer didn't both looking for cloud storage there was my character happy as can be.

I tried restore last save and that just restored a save on a character I hadn't played for months.

It's almost like Cloud had a brain explosion and ejected the last few months of saves.

Try disabling cloud storage see if that loads your Character. then make a back up and try turning the cloud feature back on again.

Message 75 of 99 (1,209 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Some mods just deleted my post where I was trying to solve this issue.. thank you so much EA.

Bought all DLCs (not just for Dragon Age) and EA still dont care about their costumers. 399 hours of gameplay are just gone..

I am Bioware fan and I love their games but I am so mad at companies like EA for ruining those amazing titles.

Message 76 of 99 (1,112 Views)

★ Novice

im getting the SAME problem for mass effect 2 and lost 10 solid hours of work..

Message 77 of 99 (1,081 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks bro!! it worked Standard smile

Message 78 of 99 (1,063 Views)

★★★★ Novice

You are a treasure and I love you right now. My game crashed for some reason and I picked the cloud data option because I thought it would restorer the most recent safe file (of course it wouldn't because I couldn't log in at the time and of COURSE the cloud data wouldn't be up to date but I hadn't realized it at the time)  I had played the entirety of Crestwood, like, ALL of it. All the quests and everything and was in fact at Halamshiral at the time but when I loaded the game again I was back at Skyhold and HOURS upon HOURS of gameplay was lost.(I could kick myself)  Your solution worked like a charm though so I am really happy. I would have put down the game for weeks if it hadn't just so I could work up to the point of wanting to do the exact same thing all over again. 

Message 79 of 99 (1,000 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here. 170 hours of gameplay. Reinstalled windows due to hardware issues. Reinstalled DAI and no problems, cloud for the win... until oh the controller wasn't on before I booted (which don't get me started on that side-rant on how dumb that is). So re-boot the game, now it won't load because Origin suddenly has a rando update (really?). Let it update, boot up a third time, now it says another computer is accessing my cloud "try again later". Really??? And cut to going through all the steps on this forum with no help, my hours are toast, there is no way to even contact EA/Origin to complain or have a chance at restoring anything. And here I am complaining on forums... Origin... you are terrible.

Message 80 of 99 (978 Views)